Gareth Who?

Rules For Fake Dating

1.  We tell absolutely no one.

2. We can tell the public, but we breakup and reveal it was fake during the climax of the show

3. Don't fall in love 

After hours of bickering and teasing, and unwelcome cockroach-butterflies, the two girls had finally come up with their list.

The last one was for nothing but fun, though the girls had a weird anxiety feeling in their stomach due to that rule.

Nova starts packing up, getting ready to leave, when Milani's phone rings. It was on the dresser, which was closer to her than to Milani. She picks it up to give it to her when she looks at the collar ID:

Gareth <3

She looked up at Milani, and her entire demeanor changed.

"What. Give me my phone Nova!"

Milani went to reach for it but Nova pulled back.

"Break up with Gareth."

Gareth. Milani had completely forgotten about Gareth. She hadn't spoken to him at all outside of school, where they mostly acted like friends rather than as a couple. 

She snatches the phone away from Nova and picks it up. 

"U-uh hey ... babe. " Milani awkwardly stutters. Confidence was her thing, so being awkward was a very new feeling. Though, she had been experiencing it a lot with Nova, for different reasons of course. 

"I know you said you were busy with work lately, but I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me this weekend?"

Jesus. She needs to break up with him right now. But it would only prove to Nova that she was using him. 

Even though she was.

But she wants Nova to think she's a changed and better person.

What is going on with her?

"You know what Gareth? I would love to go on a date with you. Pick me up on Saturday at 8."

She'll break up with him. 

Obviously so that she can fake date Nova. It's her job, she has to prioritize it.

Milani hangs up the phone to see that Nova's gone. She noticed Nova's expression and body language change while she agreed to the date, and felt a big urge to explain that it was to break up with him.

Why does she want Nova to know so badly?

Milani looks out the window to see Nova walking away. 

Her staring was interrupted by a text. 

Nova

Stop staring creep ;P

Woah. That has to be considered flirting, right?

 Milani gets on her bed, grabs the nearest pillow and screams into it.