Pillow Forts and TV shows

Nova slept over at Milani's house that night. 

It was.... weird.

After school on Monday, Milani drove the two of them back to her mansion. Nova was rambling on about how fun the day had been, and how many people spoke to her about their rivalry. 

Milani was a little nervous and distracted however.

Because they hadn't practised their scenes together in a long time.

And they're probably gonna have to practise again. 

Milani pulls up to her driveway and a gets out. A chauffeur is waiting for her and gets into her car to put it in their parking lot. (yep. parking lot)

Nova continues rambling on. 

"... and she was like 'don't you dare talk to her again or I'll make you regret it' and I didn't say anything but I was like girl calm down she's my soon to be girlfriend so fuck off" Nova turns to look at Milani, "would you mind if I said that tomorrow. I mean who knows she probably has a crush on you." 

Nova punches Milani in the shoulder while laughing. Milani lets out a small smile, feeling a fuzziness in her stomach. She leads them to her room (she has to, Nova would get lost otherwise) and shoves her backpack on the floor before jumping on her bed.

Nova follows suite. 

"Jesus it's cold" Nova mutters under her breath, breaking their silence. 

Milani grabs the blanket and put it over both of them. Nova snuggles into Milani with no shame. Milani honestly didn't mind, though of course she would push Nova away a little. 

They stay there for a little bit, in silence,  exhausted from school, both girls thinking about tomorrow - their first day of dating.

"When the actual shit is school over?" Nova asks randomly. "Uhhh. 7ish months." Nova replies. She then gets up and pulls out her laptop before coming back on the bed and starting her assignment. 

Milani turns on the TV in her room and puts on Community for some background noise. The pillow/blanket fort episode comes on and gives Milani an idea. 

"Wanna make a pillow fort?"

Nova - with no hesitation - says "yes?? What kind of question is that, of course yes."

Milani laughs and grabs as many pillows and blankets and she could and brought them to her room. Nova gets on a chair and starts pining and hanging blankets all around the room. 

The two girls excitedly built a fort surrounding the bed and TV, before sitting on the ground, at the foot of their bed.

Milani has an idea and says "We should have a movie night to procrastinate doing our work. I'll go get snacks, you pick something to watch."

Nova was looking through Netflix, and froze. 

Blinded By My Monsters with her on the cover, blood running down a bruise on her forehead. 

Milani comes back with a tray full of snacks and sits down. "What'd you pick out?" She asks. 

Nova raises an eyebrow and smiles. Milani looks at the TV. "Oh fuck. Should we watch it? "

"I would say we should, yeah."

She clicked on More Info and saw the words bolded -  New Episodes Coming Soon.

 Nova shivered a little and pressed play. The plot actually wasn't bad. It was similar to the first two seasons of Stranger Things, with the same eerie and creepy supernatural vibe. 

They quickly finish season one and start watching season 2. They get to the last few episodes, and get to the scenes where Cindy and Rosaline, the two girls characters have the most screen time. 

The show goes back and forth from the two girls running in the woods, bruised and bloody from fighting the weird winged animals, to Ryan - the guy Cindy thought was Rosaline's boyfriend - who was writing hurriedly on a blueprint of the lab he was supposed to break into next season.

These few episodes offered the girls more depth to their characters that they remembered having. There are scenes with fleeting moments where the two girls have romantic energy between them, whether the girls had acted that way or not. 

Had they... always felt this way for each other? 

Maybe the feelings were buried deep deep deep down. So down they didn't even realise it. 

The show finishes, and Milani turns the TV off.  "We should really practise"

The two girls went outside their fort to get their scripts and came back.

In the girls' minds, the scenery changes. They're no longer in a fort, but their on top of a caravan, looking for the supernatural beings to hunt, with many weapons on their back and behind them. 

Most of their shared scenes are on this caravan, so they start at the scene before they kiss. 

Listen it's an important scene ok? They need to get the dynamic right. 

Sure, the dynamic said Nova's brain.

Shut up brain she said back.

The scene is going by fine, there's not too much tension right now. Until Milani starts leaning in. Nova starts leaning it too, before a thought occurs to her. 

"Do we kiss?" Nova asked hesitantly.

Milani is taken aback. She'd been waiting for this moment a long time - for um. For the show of course. No other reason.

Her heart was beating, but she managed to answer. "Yep. We kiss in this scene. Why else would I be leaning towards you?"

Nova briefly thought back to that time in her trailer where they were about to kiss without meaning to, but put that thought aside.

"I mean when we're fake dating? Do we kiss?"

"Oh" Milani didn't know. "Um only if we need to I think. Like to prove that we're really dating, but I guess other than that no we shouldn't kiss?" Milani suggested? 

"Yeah ok" and they skip the kiss scene and continue practising. Before either girls realised, they were fast asleep, and the first day of their relationship was here.

A/n - Hi guys. Sorry it's been a million years since I've posted anything. I've kinda had no motivation. also school n everything

So here's a 1000 word chapter for you guys.

Thanks for reading!!! 

<3