Confrontation < Bathroom Counter.

It'd been three weeks since the Almost Kiss. Neither of them had said a word to each other since, which was fine from a school acquaintances standpoint, but they had to film their scenes in two weeks and that was horrendous to even think about. 

Nova's parents kicked her out when she was 16, for wanting to be an actor instead of a lawyer like they had planned since she was 6 months old.

They came to her trailer to see how she was doing, which was more than a shock considering they hadn't spoken to her in so long, let alone remembered she actually existed. 

She had an expected conversation with her parents. 

There was the classic, "You'll never be successful..."

The hurtful, "This is why we like your sister more..."

The predictable, "Have fun with your little show, let's see you when your homeless."

And finally, they left. They did this every few months, but still, it hurt like a bitch. 

It was easy to ignore her parents though. 

It wasn't easy to ignore the one thing she'd been thinking about for the past three weeks. 

Milani. 

Their almost kiss. 

She was sure Milani was thinking about the same thing, but in a disgusted way. 

Though Nova couldn't be more wrong. 

All Milani thought about at night was Nova. 

How her family would react to seeing them together. How Nova herself would react to them being together. If Sara would understand or be mad that she "stole" Nova from her. 

Though the main thing Milani thought about, was the kiss. 

The Almost Kiss. 

She hurriedly avoids eye contact every time they bump into each other in the halls, which happens so much more now that they try to avoid each other. 

Milani wonders what happened that day. Why was she nervous about seeing her parents? It hadn't occurred to her before that Nova lived alone, though it was the only thing that made sense, because there was only one bedroom.  

Milani opens her eyes. She'd been laying in her bed for hours thinking about her and Nova, and everything that had happened on that day. 

She looked at the clock. 2:37 A.M. 

She got up, grabbed her script and went to her bathroom. This was the only way she could practise the script.

They had a practise shoot a week before the day they were supposed to film, and because it was next week, she had to memorize her lines. 

She gets up on the bathroom counter, and practises her lines. She imagines Nova on the other side, smiling at her character's stupid jokes, making her doe eyes when her character suggests anything more than platonic. 

Butterflies. Again. 

And Nova wasn't even here. 

What the hell was going on with me. She thought miserably.