Fuck You, Jennie's Cousin

The rest of the week passed quickly. It was now Friday, and Milani was a little pissed that she didn't make more progress with Nova. After her breakthrough, she thought she would just start exceeding in all aspects of her life. 

She also realised now that she doesn't care about what her parents think of her, she's going to use their abundance of money to her advantage. She took herself on a "little" shopping spree, spending over $1000 on clothes and jewelry from small businesses. She invited Sara, hoping they could make amends, but Sara just left her on read. She felt insanely guilty about stealing her best friends crush, however, Matt Davison made it clear they had to do this, and she wasn't about to disobey her superior.

The bell rings. It was their lunch break, though Nova and Milani just ate together in silence. Milani tried to start conversations with her, though they would quickly meet a dead end. Nova seemed distracted, or distressed or something. Milani wanted to know what happened. 

Milani went to her classes, which were such a bore that she started drawing on her notebook.

First it was just eyes and noses, then she started drawing more specific eyes and noses. They looked familiar. She continued, adding brows, a bump on the nose, lips with a distinct freckle on it, and realised she was drawing Nova. 

Milani wasn't too surprised though. After her mental breakthrough, she also stopped trying to hide her feelings from herself. Milani didn't think she wanted to go as far as to be in a relationship with Nova, but she probably considered  her Milani's hallway crush. 

Nova was hot. Milani will admit that. She will also admit that she was disappointed after finding out Nova wasn't her first.

School finally ended. It felt like a hundred million years if you asked Milani. 

She hung out by Sara's locker, hoping to catch her. She waited for about 7 minutes before she saw Sara and Nova's friend Jennie walking and talking together. Sara was laughing at something Jennie said. Then they seperated and Sara started walking towards her locker. 

Milani felt jealous. She really hoped Sara wasn't replacing her with Jennie. 

When Sara saw her, her face fell into a bitch face and walked away.

"Wait- you don't need anything from your locker?" Milani shouted at Sara.

She turned around. "Nothing important in there."

Milani knew that was a lie. Sara keeps her house keys in her locker so they don't get stolen. 

"Please talk to me Sara."

"You betrayed me Mils. I'm allowed to feel."

Milani sighed and moved away from Sara's locker. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milani got home and ran towards her room - always a workout for her.

She jumped on her bed and started scrolling through her social media. She gets bored and searches up Nova's account. It's a public account, with 900 followers. Milani had 3000. She looked through her photos. They were cute. She was cute. 

Milani finds a spotify link in her bio. She clicks on it and shuffles without looking through the songs. 

She regretted that very deeply. 

Her speaker volume was still extremely high from her SZA day. This music was heavy rock. She paused it as  quick as she could, took a breather, lowered the volume and played it again. It wasn't what she was used to.