No, I Definitely Hate You

Nova had never felt such confusion in her life. After filming, she went home and immediately called Jennie. 

"I have a dilemma, come over." Those six words made Jennie hang up and run to Nova's trailer. 

"Are you finally going to tell me what's going on?" Jennie rushes out as soon as she rushes into her room.

Nova questioned what Jennie was talking about, to which Jennie clarified by saying:

"You've been acting really weird for these past few weeks. I was going to say something but I was sure you would tell me when you're ready and I hope it's now."

Nova hadn't noticed herself acting weird, but she did need to get something off her chest, so she decided to spill. 

"Well, uh it started when we started filming season 3. Well, no. It started at Sara's party."

She then continued to spill everything, how Sara kissed her, then she found Milani, and proceeded to take her home, and how after their fight, they became more than acquaintances. 

"I mean we weren't friends or anything, but we joked around a little bit, which was fun, and kinda nice."

She continued telling Jennie about how they had a kiss scene, inviting Milani over, how fun it was seeing her blush and how embarrassed she was by their weird flirting thing. Then she continued by hesitantly telling her about the kiss.

"And we weren't supposed to either! We both just leaned in and neither of us pulled away. I could feel her breath on my lips Jennie! I mean I had such butterflies, and I tolerated her at best so I don't know why I felt that way. I still do- whenever she's close to me."

She finished off by telling her best friend about what happened earlier that day in the filming studio.

"She was pressing her knee onto mine! And she looked at me in a way she hadn't ever looked at me before. It wasn't part of her character either Jennie, I know that look was meant for me. And then as soon as we were done, she left! She didn't even think about the effect she has on me!"

She took a final breath and let out a question she'd been holding in for a long time. 

"So, what does this all mean?"

Jennie had a look on her face that made Nova want to cry. 

"It's bad huh?"

"First of all, woah. I mean seriously. Milani? Really?? I can't even begin to imagine that!"

Jennie spend the next eternity trying to wrap her head around Nova liking Milani. When she finally decided to move past that image, she said,

"Here's the thing Nova. I don't think she actually likes you. She's still with Gareth first of all, and secondly she's doing this to get under your skin."

Nova was not at all expecting that. 

She looked at Jennie with confusion and conflict in her eyes.

"I-I don't understand."

"Here's what I think happened. The morning after Sara's party, she saw how you kinda enjoyed laughing with her and being you know, not mad at each other. She then used that to try and get closer to you, to make you trust her, or at least let your guard down a little, and when she saw you leaning in, she figured you maybe liked her more than platonically,"

Nova saw where this was headed and wanted to cry and scream at the same time.

"And once she was sure, she makes slight moves towards you, then pulls away to make you question your feelings for her and vice versa."

Nova was right. She needs to let out her emotions. She thanked Jennie for explaining the situation with a fresh perspective, and let the biggest scream out into her pillow, while Jennie gently patted her back.

She was angry. She was so mad that she allowed Milani to get into her head, and maybe her heart. But she wasn't going to tell Milani she knew. She would play along. 

Nova took a minute to catch her breath. Then she looked at Jennie with scheming eyes. "Jennie, I have an idea."

She would make it so that Milani's best friend Sara would catch feelings for her, and then treat her the same way. It would kill her to see her best friend in pain.

Oh this was on.