Chapter-0

<Past- 8 months ago>

[3rd Person P.O.V]

Pete knows what Vegas has been upto all this time, for no one understands Vegas better than him. But right now He can't understand anymore. He feels hurt but to be more exact he feels betrayed.

Pete knew it more than anyone that it was hard for Vegas to completely retract from the Mafia World, as this is the only world Vegas has seen all his life. When kids at his age played with model guns, Vegas was already taught how to use real gun. Since his childhood, he had adapted himself to endure, hide, manipulate and take control. Pete knows that Vegas can go to any length for the sake of of his loved ones. But Pete always made sure that Vegas would not face danger alone. Pete also knows that Vegas has never learnt to loose. It is the same case for him too. But the definition of loosing seems to differ for both.

When Pete learnt that Vegas has restarted his hidden Underground Business, Pete didn't stop him. Only said that "No matter what U do whether right or wrong tell me always. I'll be there to Protect You"

Pete has been taking care of the family and helping Vegas to manage both of his businesses, but Pete doesn't understand what is there for Vegas to be so secretive for past 2 months. Doesn't Pete deserves to know?

This morning things slowly started to became clear to him.

[Pete's P.O.V]

Vegas didn't come back home for a day. Neither me nor anyone has any idea. I'm worried as hell. Does this bastard even realize how worried we all are!!!

I heard a knock in my office. "Enter"

Nop entered and said "Sorry I still can't track him. Khun Vegas has purposefully cut off all communications"

I sighed. Yesterday was hectic as hell. I didn't even have time to eat. "Nop do you think it's related to Porsche and Kinn meeting Vegas 2 months ago? Do you have any lead regarding them?"

Yes, Vegas has met them privately without my knowledge and since then he has been acting suspiciously. I got to know it from my sources. When I asked him, at first he tried to leave me unanswered, but then he said "Don't worry Pete. Nothing's going on. I won't let them take advantage of me. If they try, I'll show them their position and who am I. U have to believe me Pete". But Vegas didn't share a single detail with me.

"Khun Pete! Khun Pete! Pete!" Nop's voice brought me back into reality. He said, " My spy did gather some information and You were correct. Khun Kinn and Khun Porsche wants Khun Vegas to join the family business. All this time, they have been keeping tabs on all of You, but their spies around us seem to have decreased greatly in last two months, though we have never interfered as per your instructions. Right now only two of their people are working. And I'm not sure if I should say this, but I think Khun Vegas has agreed to their proposal"

I was shocked. Did I hear it Correct. Vegas how could you!!! "Are You sure Nop?"

"Well my gut feelings says so. Last month when Khun Vegas was away for work, He was seen together with Khun Porsche. I'm not sure if he's really agreeing to work or he has some other plan". Then Nop gave me some photographs where Vegas and Porsche were caught having lunch and dinner. When I saw the last picture I felt anger surge in ever vein of mine and I ended up tearing it.

I can't believe that Vegas and Porsche was photographed while coming out of a Motel...

What The Fuck Vegas? Now what Game are You Playing?? Are you trying to play with Kinn and Porsche and take revenge or are U simply TIRED OF ME ?

ARE YOU TIRED OF PLAYING HOUSE WITH ME VEGAS???

Without my knowledge, a tear fell from my eyes. I told Nop,"Investigate thoroughly. I don't want your conjectures based on some pictures. Increase your spies on Kinn and Porsche. Gather all information without leaving a single trace behind. Don't leave any minute details. I want PERFECT WORK Nop! Do you get it!

Now leave and tell my secretary to empty my evening schedule. I need to be at Home."

It's not the time for me to be weak. I won't let anyone play with me or my family. They'll have to pay the price.

I'll choose to trust you once more Vegas, though You're doing your best to hide things from me. I hope you will tell me everything very soon. Vegas Kornwit Theerapanyakul do you think You can actually keep things from me?....

____________________________________________________________

Note: Don't you all think that Pete's the strongest character in the actual novel. No one should try to mess with him.

Well what do you all think about the start of the story? Let me know 😄