Chapter-15

[Pete's P.O.V]

I woke up with a sharp waist pain. The curtains were closed, so I had no idea what's the time. I pressed my hand on the other side of the bed and found that it was devoid of any human warmth.

I realized that my body was clean. I slowly sat up and saw that it was 3 in the afternoon . There was a sticky note on the jug and a strip of medicine.

That was another sticky note from Vegas. "Pete I have a meeting to attend. After your breakfast take the medicine. Take care love."

I kept that note along with the other ones that he has left from time to time.

I did my routine even though it was too hard to drag my paining body and went downstairs.

I found Macau and Venice's nanny helping Venice to learn different animals. When they saw me approach, Macau excitedly said, "Venice tell your Pa about some animals" and Venice with more excitement said, "Meeeeew Pa Catt".

I saw Macau rubbing Venice's head and say, "Wow my nephew is so smart. Phi he knows you are like a cute cat", Macau giggled.

"Mac want me to smack your head? Huh!!"

"Sure if you think you are fit enough to run behind me" and he started laughing loudly.

"So funny right? I'll take my revenge but first I need to eat."

The nanny tried to get up but Macau stopped her telling that he can help with the food.

I have realized something and that's since the mini cooking competition with Vegas, Macau has started paying more attention to the kitchen stuffs. Well good for me.

He placed the food on the plate and sat by my side.

He suddenly spoke, "Hia left at 12 in the noon and said that he'll have lunch outside."

"Why are you telling me? I didn't ask."

"Well I thought you might be curious. He didn't let Nop assist him and went out alone on his Ducati."

"Hmmmm."

Vegas I hope yesterday I let you feel my love for you. I have promised to always trust you. But Vegas I hope you will understand that no matter how much I try to let things go, I too have a limit....

I sighed unknowingly.

"Phi stop sighing and eat. Food will get cold."

After the meal, I decided to spend time with Venice and, Macau accompanied us while doing his college works....

[3rd P.O.V]

<That Morning at Main Family>

Another family meeting was arranged. Everyone except Tankhun was present. This time the environment around the conference room was more gloomy than usual.

Korn started by saying, "Kinn how come you didn't even have the slightest idea that Vegas was taking part in the bidding?"

"Pa Vegas really played us big this time. Everything about their company was secret. Even our mole among the Govt. Officials didn't have any idea. I'm very sorry to disappoint you. I'll try my best to make up for the loss after getting the deal in China sanctioned."

Kim scoffed.

Kinn gritted his teeth and said, "Kim you want to say something?"

An expressionless Kim added, "I had already warned you all before yet it was in vain. Let me give you another warning. Be careful regarding your Chinese deal. My sources said that Mr.Wang and that Sean is somehow related."