Chapter-20

[3rd P.O.V]

Vegas kept tossing and turning in his sleep, then suddenly opened his eyes which were filled with tears. He kept moving his hands on the side of his bed to check the warmth and presence of Venice. But on finding only cold bed sheet, Vegas sprang up.

Vegas shouted, "Venice where are you?". But no answer came. In a disheveled condition Vegas ran out of his room, running from his room to Venice's room and then to Macau's room, only to find no traces of his family.

Vegas kept running like a madman, calling for Pete, Venice and Macau. But no response came. "Yes they will be in the dining room." He told himself, trying to calm his fast beating heart down.

Vegas wiped his tears away and went downstairs to the dining room, only to find the same scenario. The house was empty. There was no sign of Pete, Venice and Macau.

Vegas plopped down on the floor, "No! It can't be. They can't leave. No this is not real world. Yes this is inside my dream. IT'S NOT REAL! THEY CAN'T LEAVE ME!"

Tears started rolling down Vegas' eyes uncontrollably. Suddenly he felt like he heard sound of giggling from backyards. "Yes! I haven't yet checked the backyards."

Vegas rushed to the backyards with a glint of hope in his heart. The scene in front of him finally helped him breath. He felt his palpitating heart and short of breath slowly residing down.

Pete and Macau were playing with Venice, who was crawling on the mat. All of them were sitting under the shade of the tree named after his mom "Ireshi". He felt like his mother was protecting his family from the heavens.

At a distance, Nop and other bodyguards, along with the two maids were also enjoying their free time. And Vegas realized that it was Sunday. After they came to this home, Pete had said, "From now onwards Sunday Mornings will be our Family Bonding and Relaxing time. The environment here is so healing. Venice will grow up healthier this way."

Vegas wiped his last remnants of tears and literally ran towards his family. He had no time to care about what anyone else feels, cause at that moment all that he needed was their warmth.

He just took the three of them in his embrace, leaving both Pete and Macau in a shocked state, while Venice kept wriggling to find a comfortable position.

Vegas trembled into the hug and Pete put his hand on Vegas' back to give him small strokes of comfort. Macau too patted the back of his Hia. After a long while, when Vegas' heart finally felt that his family was safe, he let go of the hug and looked at them.

Venice put his small palm Vegas' face and wiped away the silent tears that have rolled down his eyes, "Da Da don cryy na." Venice with his small hands kept caressing Vegas' face, "Da Da smiiiileee".

Feeling his son's effort, warmth and love, Vegas lifted Venice up in his arms and hugged the baby tightly. After putting the kid down, he tried to stand up.

Pete firmly held his hand, stopping him and finally spoke, "Where are you going?"

"Inside. You guys enjoy. I won't disturb. Sorry for what I did now. I wasn't in my conscious self."

Pete saw how messed up Vegas looked. There was pain hidden in those hollow eyes that Vegas tried to hide by giving his smile full of sadness.

"I have already said that Sundays are 'Family Bonding Day'. The family is never complete when any member is missing. Why won't you join? Vegas Are we no longer your family?"

"PETE! What are you saying? I'll... I'll come down in a minute after getting freshened. Wait for me." Even though others won't realize, Pete heard it. Pete heard Vegas' voice breaking.