Chapter-8

[3rd P.O.V]

"Vegas I think it'll be almost noon there. So you should call now. It's time to take over your responsibilities."

Vegas called and the other side picked it up.

Pete silently listened to Vegas talk.

"Hello! How have You been doing?"

........

"Yes, yes we are all doing well."

........

"Hmmm, I have decided that I won't keep bothering you so much anymore. Thank you for always caring and sorry for adding on to your burden."

........

"Haha! See you soon.

......

Ya Love You."

Vegas looked at Pete with a smile. "She said she'll be coming here next week."

"That's great Vegas. Let's start preparing for your Aunt's welcome"....

.

<Flashback - That night of VegasPete and Kinn Confrontation>

Pete saw the bodyguards of Main Family falling down one by one. He couldn't understand what was happening. His sole aim was to protect Vegas.

When they were once again surrounded by new sets of armed men, he saw a women approach towards them.

While everyone was bowing towards her, Pete tried his best to hide Vegas behind him and pointed his gun towards her. When those armed men reacted by pointing their guns towards him, she simply stopped them.

"Vegas, My Baby look at me. I'm so sorry for appearing this late. I'm sorry for letting the Theerapanyakul Family exploit you. But now that I'm here, nobody will be able to harm you", that women spoke with a voice full of warmth and regret.

Vegas came out of Pete's cover. Though Pete tried to stop him, he could see how lost and horrified Vegas' eyes looked.

"NO! NO! This can't be. Mom...." a tear rolled down from Vegas eyes.

"MOM?" Pete asked completely confused.

Vegas schooled his expression back to stoic. He wiped the tears and pointed his gun towards her, " Who the hell are you? My mother is already dead! HOW DARE YOU TRY TO COME HERE IN DISGUISE TO FOOL ME? WHO SENT YOU? HUH!!

ANSWER ME "

"Vegas it's me, your aunt Victoria. You were too young when I had last visited you so it's not possible for you to remember me. And why must I take a disguise when this is how I look since forever. I was born 1 minute after Phi Ireshi so I yes I do look like my twin sister."

This information was too much for the two of them. Both Vegas and Pete didn't know how to react.

First it was Kinn coming to kill them and then this person, their so called savior claimed to be Vegas' aunt. These unprecedented situations completely messed their minds up.

Vegas finally said after controlling his emotions, "Do I look like a fool to you? You'll come and say whatever, and I'll have to believe you?"

The woman took out a necklace from her purse and held it towards Vegas' direction. "Open it and see for yourself"

The necklace look so familiar but Vegas didn't want to believe. But as soon as he opened it, he was dumbstruck.

The necklace had two pictures both looking like his mom. It was same as the one Vegas had. That was the last gift from Vegas' mother to him before she left him all alone. The necklace was the last and only token of memory of his mother that he had.

He had never showed it to anyone. Not even to Macau. There was no way that someone could make an exact copy of it.

Vegas couldn't believe his eyes.

Seeing Vegas' gaze full of confusion, Aunt Victoria replied, "That's me on the left and Phi Ireshi on the right. She gifted it to me on our 19th birthday and that was the same day she left our family for your dad. She loved that man so much that she had cut off all the relationship with our family and left us."

Victoria's eyes became wet talking about her sister and Vegas replied, "And all this time I had thought that my mom had left two pictures of hers' for me and Macau to share..."

Pete saw silent tears drop down from Vegas' eyes. He knew how sensitive Vegas was regarding his mom. He just hugged Vegas tightly and Vegas held him even tighter, as if afraid that the ground will break apart and engulf him.

Pete then questioned her, "How did you know about today? Why did you suddenly appear? What are you planning to do with us?" His tone rising higher with each one of his sentences.

"Pete calm down! I know it's hard for you to believe anyone right now. But do you have any better option right now other than trusting me? You are bleeding, Vegas is not healthy. The baby in the car has been kept unfed for so long and I bet Macau is traumatized. Even if I let you guys go, do you think you all can be safe?

Dear I don't have any ill intentions. But if you really think so then try to compare. If you all follow me, there are chances that I might kill you all or save you all. But if you all leave now, you guys will absolutely be killed.

The Decision is Yours..."

Pete hesitated for a moment. He looked at Vegas, who looked so weak and lost at the moment. He looked inside the car and then said, "Fine I'll follow you but you'll have to come clean to us."

"Alright. So now let's go dear"

_______

They were taken to a mansion deep inside a forest. It wouldn't be easy to locate it even during the day. A team of doctors and nurses were already waiting to treat Them.

(Next Morning)

Pete woke up and found some tubes attached to his veins, and a monitor by his side. Vegas was sleeping deeply beside him and he too was in the same condition.

He tried to remove the tubes, as he was getting anxious about Venice and Macau. At that moment, Victoria entered with Venice sleeping in her arms, followed by a doctor.

He got scolded for acting rashly. The doctor checked on Pete and Vegas.

Pete didn't utter a single word. He didn't know how to react in that situation so he could only silently observe.

Finally he said, "Can you give Venice to me once?"

After finally getting Venice in his arms, Pete hugged the baby. His anxiousness slowly started decreasing.

Victoria said that they would talk after lunch and she'll answer all of their queries. "Macau is sleeping safely. Give Venice to me Pete and take some more rest. We'll talk later."

Pete kissed the baby's forehead before handing him to her.

.

There was a very awkward feeling in the living room. Finally Vegas asked, "Can you tell me what's going on?"

"Fine! But then let me start from the beginning".....

.

.

_______________________________________________________

Note- We'll get to know about more about Vegas' mother, Vegas' aunt and Vegas' background story in next chap.

I have introduced another new character:

{Mrs.Victoria - She's Vegas' Mother, Ireshi's twin sister. With the story progressing, we'll get to know her more}

See you all again.

DON'T FORGET TO GIVE A LOTS OF VOTE 😄 😄

BYEEE!!!