Chapter 1

"She needs time, Will. You have no idea, what she went through that day. No one of us has."
Will sighed: "I know, and I am the last person who would forget that. But this day is gone for almost seven month! Shouldn't she be..."
Hotch raised one eyebrow. "Be what?"
"... ready to talk about it by now?" Will finished.
"Will, I know this is not what you want to hear, but maybe she will never be ready to talk about it."
"It is not only about that. She is a completely different person since she left the hospital. I don't recognize her anymore. Even Henry feels, that something is different with her."
"An experience like the one JJ had to go through changes people." Hotch looked right into Wills eyes. "She will never be the same person she was before all of that happened."
Will lowered his head and Hotch saw, how JJs husband wiped a tear from his face.
"She needs help, Hotch, I feel that."
"You have to talk to her. Tell her, that you are worried about her."
Will shock his head: "She doesn't listen to me anymore. That's why I'm here."
Suddenly Hotch understood. "You want me to talk to her?"
"She will listen to you, she always had."
Hotch saw how desperate Will was. So he answered: "I'll try, but I can't promise anything."
"Just talk to her."
Hotch nodded: "I will."
"Thank you."