Chapter 28

"That is a big problem." Dr. Parker said.
"Why?" Morgan wanted to know.
"When Mrs. Jareau realizes, that the members of the team are changed, her brain might react to that by turning itself off."
The team was shocked.
"Would it help, if we would get Emily here?" Reid wanted to know.
Dr. Parker nooded: "Sure, that would be a big help!"
"Then I'll call here." Reid said, took his phone and walked a few steps away from the group.

"Reid, is that you?" Emily wanted to know when she answered her phone.
"Yes, it is me." Reid answered smiling.
"Wow it seems like we haven't talked to each other in years! How are you and how is the team?"
Reid sighed: "I'm fine, but the team is not."
"What's wrong?" Emily wanted to know and Reid heard the concern in her voice.
"JJ is in the hospital."
"What?! Why?"
Reid explained: "She had a few flashbacks and blackouts. But when she woke up, she couldn't remember anything that happened within the last four years."

Emily remained in silence.
"Everything after the case in Los Angeles with Ellie and the guy who killed during the power breakdowns is gone."
Emily stumbled: "So she can't remember me leaving and the thing with... Doyle?" After all this time it was still difficult for Emily to talk about Ian Doyle.
"Yes, that is the reason I am calling." Reid answered. "JJ asked for you over and over again and if she won't see you, her brain might be so confused, that it turns itself off." Reid talked faster with every word and Emily couldn't understand everything.
"Slow down, Reid. What are you talking about?"
Reid breathed deeply: "You have to come here. JJ is in a bad shape and if she won't see you as soon as possible it might get worse."
Reid heard how Emily began to run.
"Where are you going?" He wanted to know.
"To my car, Reid."
He was confused.
"Wait, Emily, where are you driving?"
Emily laughed silently: "How is it possilbe that a guy as smart as you can't understand the easiest things?"
Without reacting to that comment, Reid said: "Emily, you have to come here!"
"Reid, I'm on my way!"