Chapter 17

After JJs scream everyone stayed quiet.

Will just stared at JJ and tried to process, what JJ just said.

Only after a few seconds the words she has said made sense.

"What did you just say?" Will wanted to know.

Deep inside him the anger at JJ rised up.

JJ answered: "You heard me, Will."

That was too much for Will.

He made a few steps towards the bed and said:

"I did everything for you I could, I gave you time, I took care of Henry when you weren't in the condition to take care of your own son. Damn it JJ, can't you see, that I do everything for you? That I give you everything? The only thing I demand is that you frequent a psychologist. That's the only thing I ask of you, JJ."

"The only thing?" JJ laughed cheerless. "Do you even realize, what you did? You deceived me and talked to Hotch. Due to that I'm suspended now. You thronged me and pressured me, because of what I'm in the hospital now! If you ask only one thing of me, that should be forgiveness!"

Will couldn't think of words and just paused.

Dr. Parker interrupted JJ, who just wanted to talk, by saying:

"That is not going to help here. Mrs. Jareau, I know it is hard for you to admit that, but you need help. A psychologist can help you and make the flashbacks and nightmares stop."

"I don't need help!" Was the only thing JJ replied.

Tears rised into Wills eyes, when he saw his wife that way.

She was on the wrong path, but she couldn't see that.

"Don't you want to forget, what happened to you back then?" He asked. "Don't you want to get over it?"

"Forget about it?" JJ shock her head. "Did you really just suggested that I should forget about it?"

"Whatever happened back then, it is over now."

"Over? Will, you have no idea, what I went through. You have absolutely no idea! That will never be over!" JJ screamed.

"Then tell me!" Will answered. "Tell me why you can't get over it."

"I don't think this conversation is helpful." Dr. Parker whispered towards Will, because she knew, that this would degenerate.

"Get over it?" It was too late to stop that conversation.

"How can someone get over being warterboarded? How can someone get over being tortured for more than twenty hours? If you know that, then tell me, Will! Because I have absolutely no idea how to get over it!"

Tears went down on JJs face, but she didn't even realize that.

"JJ, you have to trust me, that is the only way." Will whispered.

"Trust?" JJ repeated. "Do you know what happened the last time I trusted someone?"

After a short break JJ continued:

"The man I trusted kidnapped me, tortured me and..."

After a few seconds she finished without even thinking about it:

"... raped me."