Chapter 27

"Hello, my name is Agent Hotchner, I'm with the FBI and need to talk to Doctor..." Hotch started when he and the team reached the information.
But before he could finish, a female voice asked:
"Agent Hotchner?"
The team turned around and looked at the woman who was talking.
"My name is Doctor Parker, I called you."
Hotch shook her hand, but it was obvious, that he didn't want to waste any time on niceness. Dr. Parker saw that within a few seconds, wherefore she said: "Follow me, I'll bring you to your team member."
When everyone was in the elevator and the door closed, Reid asked:
"What happened to her?"
Dr. Parker answered: "She came here because she had a flashback and was unconscious. We stabilized her, but when she had an argument with her husband, she had another flashback."
Although the story wasn't finished yet, the team was in shock.
Dr. Parker continued: "When she woke up, she didn't remember, how she came her. Her last memories were those belonging to a case you had in Los Angeles four years ago."
"Which case was it?" Morgan wanted to know.
"It was the case about a guy who killed during power breakdowns.
Morgan exchanged worried views with Rossi.
"That is her last memory?" Hotch asked.
Dr. Parker nooded: "I am afraid so."
Kate was confused: "Does that mean she can't remember what happened in those four years?"
"She can't remember any of it."

The door opened and they left the elevator, following Dr. Parker through the halls.
"And there is something else you should know." She said and stopped at a corner.
"She can't remember her husband and her son aswell."

"WHAT?" Reid was shocked the most. "Why?"
"I don't know that for sure, but I assume that her brain locked every memory away, that was connected to the torture that triggered her flashbacks."
"So that is what this all is about." Hotch realized. "The torture of Hastings and Askari?"
That wasn't a question. 
A nurse came around the corner and said to Dr. Parker:
"She is highly confused now."
Dr. Parker nooded: "That was expectable."
Before she could move on to show the team the room, the nurse added: "And she kept asking me about a Emily Prentiss. She said I should call her and the team."
Dr. Parker looked from one team member to another and stopped at Kate: "So you are Emily Prentiss?"
Kate shook her head.
Hotch answered for Kate:
"Emily Prentiss left this Unit shortly after the case in Los Angeles..."