Chapter 32

Emily just stared at her scar.
And so did JJ.
"Emily, where did that scar come from?"
The dark-haired agent lifted her head and looked at JJ.
"Oh that one... it is from my childhood. We were on the move, as most of the time, and I tried my new Skateboard. But I fell down and a little stone pressed at me right here."
She pointed at the scar.
"They operated it out and well, now only a little scar is left."
Emily tried to smile, but she couldn't.
"Don't lie to me." JJ said. "I've never seen this scar before. If this really would be from your childhood, I would've seen it before!"
"Maybe you just never noticed it, JJ." Emily tried to persuade her college, but it didn't work.
"Stop lying, Emily. Where did that scar really come from?"
The Interpol Agent remained in silence.
"And why won't you just tell me where it is from?"
"You know, JJ, you're right, this scar isn't from my childhood... It is from a experience, I don't want to talk about."
Emily hoped JJ would stop asking now.
In vain.
"Why? What has happened?"
"JJ, really, I don't want to talk about it. It is the best for both of us, believe me."
JJ called out: "I will decide that on my own, ok? I am your friend, Emily, you can tell me about it. If you are afraid, I could tell the team, I promise I won't!"
Now it was on Emily.
She couldn't lie to JJ anymore, even if it would be easier to lie to her again.
But in this moment Emily didn't think about what would be the easiest thing.
In this moment she tried to figure out, what would be the best thing for JJ.
The best thing for JJ to get her memory back and to get her life back.
And she made a desicion.