Chapter 3

The whole way back to her house JJ tried to calm down. She tried to find a reason why Will could have done that. Why he could have deceived her. Why. That was the question JJ tried to answer.

But she couldn't.

As hard as she tried to, she couldn't find an answer.

It was one thing to worry about her, but to deceive her instead of talking to her was nonexcusable. At least for JJ.

She parked her car in front of the house and got out. Before she entered the house she took a deep breath although she knew, that she would explode as soon as she would see Will. With a lissome gesture JJ opened the door.

"I'm home!" She called.

"Mommy!" Henry screamed and ran to her from the living room. In his hands he had a picture.

JJ smiled as she saw her son and gave him a warm hug: "Hey buddy, how are you?"

"Good! I painted a picture for you!" He handed the picture to JJ and she looked at it.

Henry started to explain and pointed at the picture: "That's daddy, that is me, and that is you mommy!"

"This is wonderful, buddy." JJ said with little tears in her eyes. Henry meant everything to JJ and since she had been saved from Askari and Hastings even more.

Will stepped into the entrance hall and watched JJ hugging Henry again. And JJ saw Will too.

"Hey, ähm buddy, go to your room and play a bit, ok? Mummy and daddy have to talk."

"Ok" Henry answered and went upstairs.

Will frowned and asked: "What's up? Are you ok?"

Without answering his questions JJ walked into the living room. Will followed her.

"JJ! Talk to me!"

"What were you thinking? Why did you do that?" JJ wanted to know.

Will was confused: "Did what?"

JJ turned around and looked right into her husbands eyes when she answered: "You know exactly what I talk about, Will."

"No I don't!" Will insured.

"I'm talking about the thing with Hotch! He told me that you have talked to him in my lunch break."

For a few moments no one said a word.

It was the calm before the storm.