Chapter 7

"Is it better now?" Will asked and handed a cup of tea over to JJ, who still sat on the couch.

She nodded slowly: "A bit, thank you."

"For what?" Will wanted to know.

"For everything." JJ answered. "That you are always there for me, no matter what happens."

"Of course."

For a moment they stayed in silence and JJ drank her tea slowly.

"What were you dreaming of?"

JJ almost swallowed up the tea and tears rised into her eyes.

Will waited til JJ came down before he asked his question again: "What was it, JJ? It must have been really bad."

JJ bit her lip and lowered her head.

"I was back in this basement with Hastings and Askari." Was the short answer she gave him.

That wasn't enough for Will: "What did they do?"

"They forced Matt to give them the security code."

"How?" Will went on.

JJ looked up and shook her head.

"Please tell me, JJ."

"No" JJ whispered while a lonely tear blazed a trail down her cheek.

Will entreated his wife: "JJ, please. You have to talk about it if you want it to get better."

Suddenly the fear in JJ paled, istead there was all brushing rage.

"You have no idea what I need so it can get better, Will!" JJ shouted.

"Then tell me, JJ. Tell me what it needs, that you can forget about this!"

For a moment JJ paused. She had no idea what it would take to forget about this. But that didn't matter in this situation.

"Understanding and support, Will, that is all I need. But somehow you can't realize that, can you?"

Will froze and looked at JJ steadfastly. That was too much for him. He did everything for JJ he could, but she couldn't see that because she was too fixed at herself.

"Damn it, JJ, of course I realize that!" Will called out lounder than he wanted to, but he couldn't stop himself. "I give these things to you everyday, but you are too focused on yourself to see that! I wanted to move on since you were out of the hospital, I did everything therefor. But you just can't let go of what happend, can you?"

Slowely as it would happen in slow motion the cup in JJs hand fell down on the ground and shattered into a million pieces.

Will winced, but JJ just jumped up and made a few steps toward her husband.

"You can't even rudimental imagine, what these men did to me. Because if you could, you would never ever treat me like this!"

With these words JJ left the living room and ran upstairs.

She was right.

Will should treat her different.

But deep inside she knew, that she should treat him different too.

JJ just couldn't admit it.