Chapter 33

"This scarf arised when I was in a hospital in France. They removed a burning mark from there."

JJ just stared at Emily: "A burning mark?"
Emily nooded: "Yes. I was abducted by a man named Ian Doyle. He burned a four-leaf-clover in my skin."
JJ was shocked: "When was that? And why did you never tell me?"
"Actually I told you." Emily whispered and looked at JJ, who was highly confused.
"No, you didn't."
Emily sighed: "I did. When the team rescued me from Doyle I was almost dead. You knew that I would never be save as long as Doyle is alive, so you faked my death and flew to France with me."
"What are you even talking about?" JJ wanted to know. "Why do you make this up?"
"I don't make this up, JJ!" Emily assured her friend. "That happened. You saved my life back then by faking my death and helping me to escape from Doyle."
"No, no, no." JJ said over and over again and shook her head.
Slowly Emily walked towards JJs bed.
"Doyle abducted me four years ago. He burned me, he... hit me and he almost killed me." It was hard for Emily to talk about this experience, but she knew that she had to do it for JJ. "You saved me back then."
Tears fell down from JJs face: "NO!" She screamed, but Emily realized, that the memories of her friend came back.
"Calm down, JJ, everything is alright!" Emily said when JJ had trouble to breath. Her whole body seemed to fight against the memories. Against the all the memories, that came back in this one moment. That was too much for JJ.
Suddenly she stopped to move and fell back to the pillow.
"JJ? JJ!" Emily called out and leaned over to her friend.
Over and over again she screamed JJs name, but her friend didn't react.