Chapter 22

Will was shocked. 
"Wait, what? She can remember her team, which is essentially responsible for her abduction, but she can't remember her family?"
Dr. Parker wanted to explain it, but Will didn't let her.
"You said her brain locked every memory away that is connected to the kidnapping. Then tell me, why can she remember her team?"
"You need to calm down first." Dr. Parker said and only because of that Will realized, that he was yelling at her.
But he didn't apologize for that.
He just waited for Dr. Parker to answer his question.
She sighed and said: "I'm not sure at all. But how long was your wife part of that team?"
"About ten years now." Will answered.
"And how long are you two married?"
Will didn't think about that at all: "Three years now, but we've know each other for about seven years."
Dr. Parker was confused: "That is unusuall. Normally the memories start at one point. But in this case she remembers things which happened four years ago, but can't remember things that happened seven years ago. The only thing I can explain is why she remembers her team. Ten years is a long time and it is a part of your wifes life."
"I am a part of her life too!"
"But you haven't been a part of it for that long."
Will was shocked, but Dr. Parker continued:
"The only reason I can think of to really explain it is that her brain erased a few memories, because they were the most painful ones to your wife."
Will froze.
Worried Dr. Parker looked at him: "Mr. LaMontagne? Are you alright?""Erased." Will whispered.
"What did you just say?" Dr. Parker asked because she couldn't understand a word.
"Erased." Will repeated. "You said her brain erase these memories."
Dr. Parker stuttered when she realized she said something wrong:"I'm.. I'm sorry, I didn't want to..."
Will interrupted her, but he was not angry.
He was extremely calm.
Too calm.
"Yout don't think she'll get these memories back, do you?"
Dr. Parker wasn't sure what to say and paused.
"Just be honest." Will said: "Is my wife ever going to remember me and our son?"
The doctor sighed and took a few deep breathes before the quietly answered:
"No..."