Chapter 38

"Oh my god..." Will whispered when he saw JJ.
Her eyes were closed and if it wasn't for the monitor, the lines and the different colored numbers it would have seemed as if JJ was sleeping.
But Will knew all too well that she wasn't sleeping. And that he couldn't wake her up with a soft kiss like he used to.
"Can she hear me?" Will asked without looking at Dr. Parker.
"There is no way to know for sure but my personal opinion? Yes, I believe that she can hear us or at least notice what's going on around her to a certain extent" Dr. Parker explained.
Will nodded slowly.
He took his seat next to the bed and touched JJs hand carefully.
Even though he knew that couldn't be the case it felt like his wife's hand was ice cold.
"JJ..." Will begun, but he couldn't get out another word.
"I'll leave you alone now." Dr. Parker said. "Take your time."
Will didn't turn around. His eyes were looked on his wife.
"I am so sorry!" He cried out when the first tears ran down his face. "I never should have let the team visit you! They are not your family, I am! And I swear, JJ, I will protect you from now on. From the team and everything that could hurt you!"

"Oh my god.... oh my good..." Over and over again these words escaped Emily's mouth.
"This is not your fault." Hotch tried to comfort her. Without success.
"Of course it is!" Emily sobbed. Slowly Hotch laid his arm around Emily and pulled her into a soft hug. Emily didn't hesitate to bury her face deep inside Hotch's shirt.
The team watched the two of them quietly.
"Agent Prentiss?"
Hotch looked up and the team turned around to see Dr. Parker standing in front of them.
"Yes?" Emily whispered and turned towards Dr. Parker too. It was obvious that she had been crying.
"I just want to tell you that this isn't your fault. No one could have foreseen something like this. What ever happened in there happened  because of Mrs. Jareaus unstable condition and not because of anything you said or did."
Emily nodded slowly but she didn't seem to believe Dr. Parker.
"Can we see her?" Reid asked. Not knowing how his best friend was sent Reid over the edge.
Dr. Parker shook her head: "Unfortunately not. Mr. LaMontagne has the right to decide who is allowed to see his wife or get any information about her condition. And right now he doesn't want to see anyone of you by his wife's side."