Chapter 10

"What?!" JJ called out and stared at Hotch.

"You heard me, JJ. It is only for your best."

JJ wanted to say something, but the anger inside her stopped every word.

"I need your gun and your badge." Hotch said and looked at JJ.

First he thought that she would refuse, but she didn't.

JJ pulled out her gun and handed it over to Hotch. Then she took her badge and threw it almost at him.

"And for a moment I really thought that you want to help me." JJ whispered when she walked past Hotch.

He answered quickly: "I do."

She laughed cheerless: "Yeah, of course."

With these words JJ left the room and went through the open-plan office.

"Good morning, JJ" Kate greeted and smiled at her co-worker, but JJ ignored her.

She didn't stop untill she reached her car.

Tears went down her face and made it almost impossible for JJ to see clearly. She opened the door of her car and got in it.

A few minutes she just sat there and cried.

When she calmed down a bit, JJ looked at the clock. It was half past eight and JJ wasn't sure if Will had already left for work.

She didn't want to face him, when she got home now. But she didn't know where else she could go, so she started the motor and set out for home.

Before JJ opened the door she hoped imploring, that Will had already left, but when she stepped in she heard, that he hadn't.

He came out of the kitchen and was confused, when he saw his wife.

"What are you doing here now?" He asked. "Shouldn't you be working?"

JJ threw an angry look at Will: "Yes, I should, but it seems like my boss suspended me for the next two weeks!"

Before Will could say something, JJ continued: "And that is all your fault!"

"Why are you blaming me for this?" Will wanted to know.

JJ didn't hold off for a second: "Maybe because you went to Hotch and told him that I need help? Maybe because you persuaded Hotch that I don't have the ability to do my job? You can choose."

Her words were filled with anger and hate.

"JJ, the only reason I did that was because I want to help you! Oh god JJ, I did that because I love you and can't stand to see you this way!"

JJ shook her head and her eyes were filled with tears again when she said:

"If you would really love me, you would believe me that I'm fine."