on your knees.

We had walked back to the company and she grabbed my arm and looked mad like I told her to and I cracked the trauma door open and let myself start thinking about how my mother could be happy one moment then swap the next second just like Madelyn just did. I let the thought that maybe Madelyn didn't want to act out the anger and that I just gave her an excuse to flip that switch.

I let the fear seep through me and my hand began to shake a bit and she looked down at me and the anger was wiped from her face "I'm not doing this" she said.

"We had a plan"

"No, I'm not doing it" she bent down and grabbed under my legs and under my arms and picked me up and I got scared for a second and wrapped my arms around her.

"What are you doing?"

"I refuse to have you look at me like that. It's my company if they don't like how I run it they can leave I told you that if you screw up then I'd fix it and this is me fixing it" she said then started walking into the building ignoring the side glances she was getting and Roxanne smiled at me when she saw me in Madelyn's arms but I didn't have time to socialize because we were getting in the elevator and going up to the top floor "I'll understand if you don't want to talk to me after what my mother is about to tell you. I'll understand if you no longer feel comfortable around any of us and I'll make sure we all keep our distance until you're ready to be around us again. This was completely my mother's idea and you can say no and scream at me when we get home or hit me or scratch or even punch me. Cut me if you have to. Take all the anger you have out on me just promise me you won't leave me again"

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Please just promise me"

"...I promise"

"Thank you" she kissed the top of my head and carried me into her office where everyone was.

"Hello everybody" I said and Madelyn sat me down in her chair and went and grabbed the blanket and put it over me since I was wet from the rain.

"You're just going to get the blacket wet and ruin the whole point. I'll hold the blanket up and you can undress behind it and wrap up in it and I'll send for a fresh pair of clothes as soon as possible" Madelyn said and I hesitated at first when she held the blanket out but I did what she requested and I got undressed down into my underwear and bra and she wrapped the blanket around me and I sat back down in the chair and she was right. This was so much better.

"I was told someone had a deal to make"

Her mother stood up "Samantha"

"Sam" me, Madelyn, and Evelyn all corrected at the same time.

"My apologies. Sam, my precious girl I want to make you an offer that anybody would love to take"

I wanted to tell her that I'm not her anything but kept my mouth shut. "What is it?"

"I've already figured out the story behind this adorable baby here and I don't mind that he's not Jackson blood and I'll accept that. I've seen how you are with Madelyn and Evelyn and seeing how you three are already close I think what I offer is reasonable but I'd like to throw in an odd ball and as soon as you met my other daughter Rory you two seem to like each other I believe that helps too but the only one you only had a brief conversation with was Elizabeth here but I assure you she's wonderful."

"Can we skip this part and get to the point"

"I want you to be the mother of my daughters children" she blurted out. "Each one of them. I've looked into you and you come from money Samantha, not that we need the money obviously. Other than your allergies I think you're the perfect match"