to good at goodbyes

I was sat at my old desk and smiled to myself while spinning in the chair then kicking my feet onto my desk.

"I missed this"

"How would you have missed it if you didn't remember it?" Madelyn asked coming out of the room with a stack of papers.

"I need I wasn't meant to be stuck at home all the time"

"Well you're going to wish you were because I have a meeting with Ms. Clinton-"

"Clinton? Is this one going to be like the last?" I ask cutting her off and putting my fett back to the floor.

"Let me finish"

I smiled "nah I'm trying to go for a week streak and I'm on day two"

She stayed still for a moment looking down at me then rolled her eyes. "I was going to say that you're coming with. You'll sit in the corner and do paperwork"

"Okay"

"You don't have any questions?"

"...what's your social security number and credit card number?"

She rolled her eyes again making me smile "Sam were in a professional environment"

"That's fine"

Pulled out her phone and checked the time then pulled out her wallet and dropped two things on the table. Her social security card and credit card.

"There. Happy?"

"Pen" I said and reached my hand out and she grabbed one of my desk and handed it to me and I wrote down the numbers then handed the cards back to her with a smile. "So much"

"No burn those before someone else gets a hold of them"

"Oh no. I'm going to copy it and pass it out to everyone on the street"

"Funny" she said and snatched the paper before I could grab it making me yelp and sling my hand around and she looked confused "what?"

I kept slinging my hand until she grabbed it by the wrist and held it up so she could see. "A paper cut?"

"It burns"

"You're a baby" she grabbed a tissue and put it to collect my two drops of blood. Once it's clean she brings it up to her mouth and kisses it making me stop feeling the burn and instead feel my heart speeding up.

"Stop that" I said quietly and calmly but melting inside and trying not to smile "you're going to make me fall in love with you" I whispered so she couldn't hear.

"What?"

"Nothing. you're making me blush stop it" I said but she just smiled at me "I love you" I whispered again.

"Speak louder please" she said softly.

"I hate you"

"Do you?"

"I do"

"I don't believe you"

"We'll start believing"

"I can"

"You will"

"I hope not"

"Too bad"

"You won't convince me"

"I already have"

"Wha- ow!"

I flicked her forehead "believe bitch" I said and pulled my hand away.

"You need mental help"

"We all do"