to be loved.

"Sam" I heard and looked over to see Madelyn in the seat next to me. "Sam" she said softly and smiled at me "my baby" her hand reached out and touched my cheek and I leaned into the touch.

"Madelyn"

"Shhhh. I know, don't close your eyes. You were in an accident remember?"

I nodded.

"It's okay. We're going to be okay. Can you answer the phone?"

"What?"

She pointed to the phone that was now attached to my collapsed roof.

I picked it up and held it to my ear but I felt tired and my body didn't want to hold it "Sam! Are your there!?"

I hummed "here"

"Are you okay!? What was that!?"

I looked over at her in my passenger seat "you need to tell you you've been in an accident so she can get help"

"Help" is all I got out and I heard a sob from the other side of the phone.

"I'm sending help. Where are you? I need to know where you are"

"Help" I cried

"I'm trying. can you turn your location on?"

"No" I cried barely being able to stay awake at this moment.

"You still have my phone right?"

"I don't know"

"Okay, it's okay. I'm going to get help. I'm trying. Are you bleeding?"

"Yes"

"How much?"

"Lot"

"You're going to make it out of this okay. I'm sending help and you're going to be okay"

"No"

"You are"

I felt my body starting to shut down "no" I said with less fight in my voice.

"Please Sam"

"I fell. Catch me"

"I'm catching you. I'm going to be there for the rest of your life to catch you Sam but you have to come home to me okay?"

"I-...I lo-" I dropped the phone and heard it hit the roof of the car.

I faded in and out of sleep and before my eyes fully closed I seen another phone going off and the lock screen was a picture of me smiling at something someone had said unaware that my picture was being taken and I looked genuinely happy. Madelyn's phone.

She loves me.

My eyes closed and I couldn't open them anymore but the last thought I remember having was of Madelyn smiling at me after she had woken up to me staring at her.

She loved me.

Is this the end of a cliff hanger?

We'll see.