Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Jiang Cheng

He fiercely struck the serene, streaming water, disrupting the utterly ridiculous, comical face staring back at him. Raising his dripping hands, he cleaned away the powder foundation on his face with the cold liquid.

He hung his head as he peered at himself, the water particles latching to his Stygian lashes slipping like tears.

What it reflected now is a man. Youthful. With a radiant countenance and sparkling gray eyes, and lips that curled gently upwards.

Jiang Cheng had to (tentatively) admit -- this body is insanely handsome, composed, and immaculate.

A foreign visage. Not the Yiling Laozu Jiang Cheng, who once destroyed the world and tormented it with violent storms.

"Why ruin a perfectly good face with hideous makeup?" Jiang Cheng comments, rolling his eyes, before extending his left arm for inspection.

The arm was covered with four lacerations, and Jiang Cheng knows these were not ordinary injuries.

This Sacrificial Ritual had long been lost, where could this lunatic Mo Xuanyu have learned it? Not to mention summoning his very peaceful, decent, and not haunting soul!

Granted with a second life (not better than his first) without his consent, Jiang Cheng stood up, heavily palming his forehead as he did.

He might as well devise a method to fulfill the caster's wish, to break free from the curse and reincarnate.

When night fell, Jiang Cheng effortlessly completed his mission.

Along the way, he ran into familiar faces and felt an inexplicable forlorn.