Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Doesn't Want To Be Caught

Jiang Cheng ventured out into the ripening of the night, fleeing onto the mountain with a new companion, his mottled donkey.

He named it 'Little Apple' because it loves eating apples.

He saw this steed at the Mo Courtyard, bounded next to a fairly large millstone, chomping something in its mouth. It appeared a little shocked when it spotted him running over its direction.

Jiang Cheng halts after noticing the donkey's disdainful and unwelcoming eyes, prompting his brow to soar into the glinting evening skies.

'What's up with that horrible attitude?!' Jiang Cheng complains internally, unable to conceal his scowl, 'Can't you see I'm in a precarious situation that needs immediate attention?!'

Why don't you lend him your back, even if only for a little while? Just until he leaves the Mo Residence!

He needs a ride.

Right.

Now.

But this fucking donkey was being irrational!

Goddamn it.

He doesn't want to be caught, especially by the fuddy-duddy Lans!

Jiang Cheng returns the steed's rude behavior with his own -- he lowered his head menacingly, disclosing his most bestial expression:

An evil smirk flaunts in his lips, the sharpness of a blade decorating his dark pupils, and thick brows were in appalling 'S' shape.

Totally savage.

It wasn't long, however, before he subconsciously dropped the act, his previously domineering and intimidating aura dissipated into ether in an instant.

The cause was that, the donkey had blaringly cried. Not only did it split his eardrums, it also disrupted the already-serene environment, as well as scaring away the very tranquil, sleeping creatures.

In retrospect, Jiang Cheng couldn't tell whether the donkey had done it out of fright or if it was a vicious attack to get him to leave it alone.

"I can't believe this steed bested the notorious, fearsome Yiling Laozu." He grunted under his breath, unamusedly maneuvering the (bewitched) donkey with a long, strong branch strung with an apple as a tactic.

An apple can satisfy the difficult-to-please donkey.

His bored mien morphed into alarm when he caught thin threads surfacing in the distance.

Everything moved at the speed of light.

His mottled donkey was tripped inelegantly by one of the fine threads, but Jiang Cheng was quick-witted enough to handle it, he leapt backwards and spun around with grace, as graceful as a snake from China's bliss.

He may have escaped the Immortal Binding Net, but he did not avoid meeting his old...

Family and acquaintances.