Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I Know What's Best For You

Blooms and buds.

Jiang Cheng, Wei Ying, and A-Jie entered on horseback.

Petals and fragrance.

"A-Cheng!" His sisters called out to him.

Different-looking flowers in various colors fell from the sky in a shower.

Abruptly, Jiang Cheng raised his hand, stopping two huas tossed over from beside him.

He gazed at them.

Catching his reaction, A-Jie and Wei Ying grinned.

Jiang Cheng tipped his tongue against his teeth, "Why are you throwing out flowers along with the others?"

His question led A-Jie to titter, "My A-Cheng looks nice. Can't this Jiejie throw a few as well?"

She freed him from her hug, 'A-Cheng! Where have you been? Three months and--'

He cupped her cheek, 'A-Jie.' cleaning away the tears with his thumb. 'It's a long story. I'll tell you later. I was going to see you, but we ended up meeting here instead. Sorry.'

They exchanged more words --

'You look different, A-Cheng.'

'Really? Have I changed?'

'I'm just unfamiliar with seeing you in a monochromatic look of our robes. It suits A-Cheng.'

Jiang Cheng's expression was soft, 'A-Jie, I missed you.'

'I missed you, too. A-Ying feels the same way.'

'I heard that Wei Ying and A-Jie were both fine, and that A-Jie were rebuilding the Yunmeng Jiang Clan and forming an alliance.'

She inclined her head in accord, 'Yes.'

A-Jie...

She's put in great effort over the last three months. Jiang Cheng is proud of her.

-- before she darted her gaze back to her workmates, giving way for them to talk with Jiang Cheng.

Jin Zixuan walked over after his short talk with A-Jie, 'Where have you run off to in these three months?!'

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes, peeved by his pervasive welcome. 'Didn't you hear what I just said?!' He said, sharply, 'It's a long story!'

His line of sight fortuitously went to Lan Wangji.

'Oh?' Jiang Cheng's brow was uplifted, his tone of voice came out rude, 'What is the esteemed Hanguang-jun doing here?'

'A-Cheng.' A-Jie stressed his name, her tone was reprimanding.

Lan Wangji was patently disturbed by Jiang Wanyin's attitude, '...' yet he did not pay it more interest.

There are far more important things to say than to respond to the snide remark, anyway.

He opened his mouth, 'Wei Yi--'

Jiang Cheng's brow raised even higher.

Seeing this, Lan Wangji changed his wording, 'Wei-guniang is worried. I hope you meet her as soon as possible.'

"What Shijie said." Wei Ying piped. "Are you not satisfied with two flowers? There's still a lot left on the ground. Should I get another for you?" She pretended to stoop as she spoke.

Jiang Cheng almost wanted to slap Wei Ying off her horse. If the situation allowed it, he swore he'd do exactly that!

He gave her a stern look. "You can shut up!"