Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Clear Your Head A Little

"A-Jie?!"

"Shijie!"

"She's waking," Wen Ning hurriedly said. "she needs treatment. I'll go decoct some medicine."

Wen Ning had played a significant role in A-Jie's rescue.

'I'm not going to hurt you. Rather, I... I want to help you save Jiang-guniang.'

Wei Ying was skeptical, '...You?' brows meeting in one line, 'You'll help us save her?!'

'Yes. R-Right now,' Wen Ning says, unequivocally. 'I can bring her out right now. Wen Chao and the rest have gone out!'

Still gripping him by the neck, Jiang Cheng said: 'Ni zhen de neng?!'

'Yes!' Wen Ning expatiated to dispel their doubts. 'I, I'm considered a junior of the Wen Clan. There's a group of sect disciples under my command who will heed my orders.'

Wei Ying questioned, tentative. 'Heed your orders?'

Jiang Cheng snapped. 'To kill people?'

With no delay, 'N-No!' Wen Ning elucidated, 'The sect disciples under me would never kill people at random! I've never killed anyone from the Jiang Clan, either. I only rushed here after hearing what happened at Lotus Pier. Really!'

Jiang Cheng fixed his gaze on him.

What is he up to? Is he lying? Or...

Just feigning civility?

This is ridiculous!

Does he think Jiang Cheng for a fucking fool?!

The terrifying thing was that, a desperate joy did indeed sprout from somewhere deep within his heart at having found a lifeline.

He gave himself a harsh scolding in silence.

Stupid.
Useless.
Absurd.

He was outrageous, unimaginable.

However, he was only one person with no sword or spiritual weapons, and hundreds of thousands of Wen Clan Cultivators were stationed on the other side of the wall. And possibly, Wen Zhuliu as well.

Jiang Cheng wasn't afraid of dying -- only afraid that he couldn't save A-Jie before he did.

He was afraid he'd end up disappointing Fuqin and A-Niang (he was already a disappointment to them, he couldn't disappoint them any further by putting A-Jie in danger).

With things the way they were, the only person he could expect for was this Wen he'd only met three times!

'I'll, I'll definitely do my best.'

Wen Ning stood by his words.

He reappeared silently, carrying someone in his arms. The person was bloodied and motionless, with a ghastly pale face and closed eyes.

It was none other than A-Jie.

He helped them in bringing her...

'As for Jiang-xiansheng and Yu-furen, I've already had their bodies moved and will transport them to you later. It, it is not advisable to stay for too long. You should leave right now.'

...And also responding to his request to retrieve his parents's bodies.

'When Wen Chao returns and realizes what's happened, he will undoubtedly pursue the three of you in the Yunmeng Area...' Wen Ning propound. 'Wei-guniang, Jiang-gongzi, if you trust me, I can show you a good hiding place!'