Chapter 11

Chapter 11

What An Excellent Rebuke

"Amends?" Jiang Cheng asked.

The edges of Jiang Yanli's mouth curled up, saying as she reverted her ever so dangerous whip to a glamorous ring:

"I will take Xiaoshuzi back to the Jiang Clan."

Befuddled and stunned, Jiang Cheng blurted out, "Huh?"

"A-Niang," Jin Ling called after they'd left Mount Dafan, watching where his mother was ambling ahead of the (lunatic) man seated glumly atop his donkey, "is it really a good idea to bring him to Lotus Pier?"

A-Niang says in response, "I don't see why not, A-Ling."

Xiaoshuzi had nowhere to live.

His back is hurt (because of one strike from Zidian, caused by her no less).

And they owed him for saving her beloved boys.

So, why wouldn't they take him to their residence and give him shelter in exchange for his charitable act?

Jin Ling understands his A-Niang's reasoning.

He has faith in her.

She has never misled him before.

Jin Ling has been observing his mother's behavior throughout the long journey back to Yunmeng.

He had never seen such a very sharp and solemn look on her lineaments before in his life.

This A-Niang of his, who'd led the renowned cultivation sect of the Yunmeng Jiang Clan from such a young age, had always been courteous, yet the coldness was unmistakably obvious. She smiles, but it was one of somber. The words she spoke of were merciful and kind. But, they are overshadowed by icy and stringent tones.

Despite her desperate efforts to inhibit any unnecessary expression, her eyes continued to shine with unsettling illumination.

That beautiful face was forever tainted by pride. Contorted by fake smiles. And veiled by creeping gloom.

But now... it seemed to have brightened, not unlike a smoldering lamp rekindled.

Lights glittered vibrantly in front of the Lotus Pier's gates and docks, reflecting off the water to form pieces of gold.

Not only are the guards stationed at the gates, but so are the old men (and women) selling midnight snacks.

Jin Zixuan were the first to disembark, with the juniors in white, and yellow trailing him behind, Lan Sizhui held Little Apple in hand.

With Jiang Yanli's company, Jiang Cheng (falteringly) went out the cabin and leaped down the fishing boat.

"Welcome to Lotus Pier, A-Yu." Jiang Yanli greets, "Let's go?" she invited, earning a subtle nod from him.

Jiang Cheng took a heavy inhalation before entering the gates, attempting to stabilize himself. But once inside, he wasn't as excited as he expected to be.

Possibly, it was because too many establishments had been refurnished.

The training area was twice as large. Each new structure appeared to be taller than the one before it, with curving roof decor. It looked grander and more opulent than before. However, in comparison to his memories of Lotus Pier...

It had changed far too much.

Jiang Cheng felt a sense of loss from deep within.

He didn't know if the old buildings from the past were hidden behind these impressive new constructions, or if they had already been demolished.