Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Copy Three Times

"Wei-jie!"

Wei Ying relocated her gaze from the pond water to her striding companions.

She was sitting atop the curved tree trunk, clutching a sprig of grass in her right hand. She had one leg bolstered and the other swinging loosely.

She visibly looked carefree and content.

Her eyes moved in to the person behind her friends, then.

It was Lan Wangji.

Her expression lit up with a big smile.

He stood a distance away beneath a verdant ancient tree, looking majestic and artful, as though he were a jade, speckled with the shadows of the leaves and the sun's rays. However, his gaze is plainly distant and cold. Meeting his glare was like descending into an icy cellar.

Wei Ying gasped, straightening her back, "Wangji-xiong!" she waved her hand that held the sprig, enthusiastically.

Jiang Cheng could almost see hearts shaping into her silver irises.

He couldn't help himself from rolling his eyes.

She's more excited in seeing Lan Wangji than she is to see them -- her family.

What did she see in him anyway?

'I like him because he's very pretty!'

Lan Wangji is not even 'that' pretty.

'He's also very talented -- a major plus points for me!'

Lan Wangji abruptly veered off and walked away.

Certainly not a gentleman!

A complete turn-off!

Was she a masochist?!

Does she enjoy this?!

Wei Ying felt snubbed after being met only with his retreating figure, she returns her gaze to the others, pouting, "He ignored me."

"Yeah." Nie-xiong replied, observing Lan Wangji's disappearing tracks. "It seems like he really doesn't like you, Wei-jie. Lan Wangji usually... no, he's never this rude."

Upon hearing this, Wei Ying's protruding lips become even more protruding. Jiang Cheng can't shake the image of her as a dejected seahorse in the open sea.

A-Jie consoles, "A-Ying," caressing her wild, pony-tailed hair, "he will soon notice your efforts."

"Like Shijie noticed Jin Zixuan's after ten months of hard work?" Wei Ying quipped, carving an annoying grin, her perfect white teeth revealing.

Coughs and splutters drowned out the Peacock. He crossed his arms and averted his gaze, while A-Jie...

She exuded the air of a shy maiden.

...like a rose-leaf in dew, a soft blush melted through the light of her seamless face.

Jiang Cheng was overtaken with the sudden urge to pinch Wei Ying's lips, but he only situated his hands on his hips, "He ignored you, so? What did you expect? Remember what you answered in class last time?" Jiang Cheng clicked his tongue, "You're impossible!"

Nie-xiong voiced, contemplating, "What Wei-jie said is actually very intriguing."

He tapped his folding fan on his palm, "Gaining Spiritual Qi requires cultivating and arduously forming a golden core. Who knows how long that'll take for someone like me? Any aptitude I have seems to have been gobbled on by dogs in my mother's womb. But Resentful Qi... that's richly produced by all those malevolent creatures out there. If it could be put to use, how nice would that be?"