Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I Just Thought of Someone

A-Ying chewed her last rock of candied fruit snack, in her light-toned cheek bared a noticeable bulge.

She ate the tanghulu like that of a child, prompting Jiang Yanli to (playfully) ask: "Yingying, how old are you?" while rattling the bolang gu.

Above them revealed a sky of mackerel clouds, surrounded with shades of crimson and amber.

A-Ying grinned in an unrestrained manner, clinging her arm to hers.

Fishermen and vendors on sampans sailed across the lake.

She chirped, "I'm three years old!"

Even with the setting sun spilling light all over the land, the residents of Lotus Pier remained interactive and lively.

Jiang Yanli laughed quietly, "Three seems a bit too old." she poked A-Ying's perfectly straight nose, teasing, "How about one?"

"No!" A-Ying flicked the empty tanghulu stick to the nearest trashbin. "I'm three!" She took the pettle drum from Jiang Yanli to communicate her distress, "The three-year-old Yingying is still hungry! What should she do?"

Cutely, she fluttered her lashes.

Jiang Yanli chuckled once more.

Her A-Ying is really, really adorable!

"There's frozen dessert in the kitchen. You can have some. Would Yingying be able to reach the table, though?"

A-Ying exclaimed, "If I can't, Shijie can just pick me up, and then I'll be able to reach it!"

While A-Ying was delivering her message, A-Cheng just happened to saunter over to the dock.

Hearing the declaration, he spat. "Spewing nonsense again! Your Head Disciple, I, has already served you a bowl and put it on your room." He spoke with great pride, "Kneel before me to express your gratitude."

Hearing this, Wei Ying immediately skipped towards the said place.

Jiang Cheng, "..."

She didn't heed his order, much to his chagrin.

However...

Less than five minutes later, she's back with a long face, "What do you mean by this, Jiang Cheng?"

...he smirked upon seeing her annoyed reaction.

She asked, her eyes squinting, "Where's the iced cream?"

Nonchalant, Jiang Cheng tells the truth, "Finished it. There's only the fruits left."

His words brought a look of betrayal and exasperation to her visage.

He added, further ruffling her feathers: "Don't eat them if you don't want to."

Jiang Cheng, "( ´◡‿ゝ◡')"

Wei Ying, "( ಠ ಗ ಠ )"

Wei Ying charged with her elbow, "Spit out the iced cream!"

Jiang Cheng amusedly says, "No objections," as he sidestepped to avoid the elbow from hitting him. "I'll spit them out. Let's see if you'll still eat them!"

"Jiang Cheng!" Wei Ying bewailed, "Why are you treating your shijie like this?" she stomped her foot in frustration, "You're such a bully!"

He replies with heavy irony, "Says the one who bullies her shidi every day!"

Wei Ying is guilty, but she pretended not to be. "Zhen de ma?"

Jiang Cheng, "..."

"How come you're so annoying?" She pushed her bottom lip forward, her mien petulant.