Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Man Who Truly Loves Me

Her voice tremors. "A-Cheng..."

She started chewing on her lower lip and her eyes brimmed with shining liquid.

She squeezed out the words: "Thank you."

Wei Ying expressed gratitude, but it sounded very strange to Jiang Cheng...

She averted her gaze as her face turned red.

...She should be cheerful.

Her voice should ring clear and unapologetically for all to hear, not unlike bells.

Jiang Cheng caught her fluttering her long and thick, curvy lashes, possibly to subdue her tears.

He gritted his teeth.

Her tears are far too valuable to be wasted on someone like Lan Wangji.

Her heart is a gold. Too precious to be openly given to that blind, ungentlemanly Lan.

Wei Ying doesn't deserve such a 'man'.

Once recovered, she turns her head at him, "Jiang Cheng." saying with a small smile, "Next time, don't be so impulsive."

Hearing the sudden advice, he humphed, he replies, "I wasn't. I punched him with forethought." he patted his cheek, jeering, "He needed some imperfections in his jade-like face."

"Jiang Cheng." Wei Ying scolded him for his unrepentant attitude. "Watch your tongue."

"I never do." Jiang Cheng said, sarcasm palpable, "Did you forget that, perhaps?" relaying an eye roll.

Letting out a muted sigh, "I must have." Wei Ying countered.

Behind them, "Well," Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying noticed the newcomer in lilac and pink dress, walking towards the kneeling teens, "Lan-er-gongzi must have spoken something unfavorable about A-Ying, right?"

In acknowledgement of her presence, they greeted:

"Shijie."

"A-Jie."

Thereupon Jiang Cheng adds, "He didn't. I just... thought he was irritating..."

She sat in between them, she fondled Jiang Cheng's fringe, saying, "I know everything there is to know about you, A-Cheng. You wouldn't have started a fight for that basis."

Jiang Cheng bit the inside of his cheek.

He can't fool her.

She is, indeed, his sister.

A-Jie reroutes her gaze at Wei Ying, "A-Ying," caressing her pony-tailed mane, "don't be guilty about what happened. It wasn't your fault. Don't blame yourself for A-Cheng's actions."

Wei Ying hung her head, pensive on how effortlessly Jiang Yanli read her.

Jiang Cheng diverted his sight, his person filling with inexplicable remorse.

He should have been more careful of his previous actions.

So Wei Ying would not be awfully and indiscriminately accused... blamed later in the Lotus Pier.

He's now coming to regret everything.

A-Jie adjusted herself in an upright position, apprising, "Fuqin is here."

F-Fuqin...?

Decisive and light-footed steps reached their ears.

Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying discovered the root of the sound from a respectable figure clad in a rich, purple silks.