Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Overwhelmed

Having heard of the voice, all of Jiang Cheng's blood worked its way out of his head.

The black clouds above the ground advanced smoothly to unconceal the luminescent moon, providing light for the 'new person'.

A man in gold attire, with a vermilion mark in between his brows, approached in assertive steps. His robes, which were embellished with the Sparks Amidst Snow symbol, flowed fluidly like waves. His hand was resting firmly on his sword hilt.

Jiang Cheng's pupils had shrunk to the narrowest of slits.

Jin Zixuan!

Sweeping a tree branch, he stopped and stood three meters away from Jiang Cheng, his stance exuded incalculable arrogance and confidence.

He furrowed his brows, "Xuanyu, A-Yao is one thing, now you're messing with Lan Sizhui and Jin Ling?"

Lan Sizhui...

He felt his heart leapt to his throat.

Jin Ling...

His whole body became heavy... heavy as a recalled guilt that would not be liberated by thought or sleep.

"Remove the dark magic this instant." Jin Zixuan spoke authoritatively, permitting no room for argument.

They were... Jiang Cheng's...

Only after Jiang Cheng had recovered from his surprise did he digest what was going on.

Nephews?

He fixed his sight on the harrowing boys, who were struggling to get up, glaring at him like lions in a trap when they couldn't.

Jiang Cheng released the spell by curling a finger behind his back, withdrawing the human-cut leaves.

Grabbing their swords, the youths immediately drew themselves upright, and ran to Jin Zixuan's side.

As if a curtain had been stripped away, Jiang Cheng, now, noticed the close resemblances of the boys to their parents.

Lan Sizhui's eyes were a copy of...

'Jiang Cheng!'

...Lan Wangji's.

'I'm getting married soon! I want to show you how I'll look.'

His hair was also straight, as was his.

''Lan Sizhui', it's a good name.'

Jin Ling's glare, fiery and proud-spirited, were identical to Jin Zixuan's, but the shape was a dead ringer for...

Jiang Yanli's.

His mane was rippled and wavy, the same as his A-Die's.

Lan Sizhui remained silent, his aura reserved and cold, as he brushed the dirt off his robes.

Jin Ling, on the other hand (who didn't even bother dusting himself), couldn't keep his mouth shut. With his sword, he pointed at Jiang Cheng, threatening, "I'll break your legs!"

"Jin Ling, watch your words and actions," Jin Zixuan reprimanded, very displeased, "we never taught you those, where did you learn them from? We'll go over this further once we get home."

Lowering his blade, Jin Ling puckered his lips, his countenance red from shame, nearly matching the hue of his vermilion mark.

Jin Zixuan shifted his finger, and the leaves flew from Jiang Cheng's fingers into his own. He clenched his fist and set fire to the leaves, the ghosts howling as it were burned to ashes.