Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Stop Crying

"Lan... Zhan...?" She questioned, somewhat reluctantly.

Slowly, a pair of amber eyes locked into Wei Ying's silver ones.

"Lan-er-gongzi, I'm sorry!"

He was dressed in a red round-collar robe with tight-fitting sleeves, and a belt of nine golden rings.

It looked really great on him...

Lan Zhan had always been clothed in the plain 'mourning clothes' of the Gusu Lan Sect's uniform, never in such a vibrant, imposing outfit.

...He had a touch of elegance. A hint of vigor. And a lot, lot, lot of good looks.

"It wasn't on purpose! You can re-tie it."

Visible blue veins climbed the back of Lan Zhan's hand as he gripped his longbow.

She extended an arm, in her hand dangled a clean, white cloud-patterned forehead ribbon, "Here."

Lan Zhan's expression was darker than usual. It was almost as if a cloud of black fog was hovering over his otherworldly, jade-like beauty.

Lan Zhan, "..."

He seemed... so enraged.

Wei Ying couldn't help but squeeze the forehead ribbon when she noticed that even his bright eyes were bloodshot, piercing through her soul.

Wei Ying shuddered ever so slightly.

She couldn't tell whether she'd taken Lan Zhan's forehead ribbon or a piece of his body.

Wei Ying whispered, her sight fixed on the soft silk: "This... really is just a forehead ribbon... right?"

Lan Zhan grabbed it from her hand as quickly as he could. Wei Ying let go the moment he grabbed it.

She was utterly perplexed, "???"

What did she do wrong?

Is his forehead ribbon so sacred and significant, that he reacts in this way?

After glaring at her one last time, Lan Zhan turns around with a flick of his sleeve, walking alone toward the outside of the range, indicating that he will no longer compete in the contest.

Wei Ying felt terrible. Her sight still stuck in his receding figure.

Without warning, Jiang Cheng came over and asked, "What did you do this time?"

Wei Ying replied, genuinely puzzled. "I don't know!"

Responded with unambiguous words, he trailed her line of sight.

Jiang Cheng, "..."

His visage darkened. "Wei Ying, didn't I tell you not to associate with him?" He scowled, his words unsurprisingly harsh, "Your day just won't be complete unless you dig your own grave at least once, huh?"

Jiang Cheng's callous behavior did not faze her in the least.

"I said that his forehead ribbon was crooked. I didn't mean to pull it off!" She asked absentmindedly, "Why do you think he's so angry?"

Rolling his eyes, "Isn't it obvious?" Jiang Cheng mocked.

He doesn't need to specify it.

And she still asked despite knowing the answer.

Wei Ying mulled:

'Is Lan Zhan disgusted with me?'

Something stirred in her stomach.