Chapter 21

Chapter 21

The Lotus Scent Had Vanished

When did it get to this point?

"'Attempt the Impossible'. Well, isn't she the perfect example!"

Wei Ying was only talking comfortably with Shijie.

"San-niang, what are you doing here?"

Also happily eating her lotus root and pork rib soup.

"What am 'I' doing here?" She derisively asked, her brows arched high. "What a laugh! I can't believe I'm being 'questioned' like this!"

Even joking around with Jiang Cheng, who woke up a day before.

"Does Jiang-zongzhu remember that 'I' am the mistress of Lotus Pier?" Yu-furen spat, her tone lacked sweetness, and resentful. "Do you remember that every inch of this land is part of 'my' domain? Do you remember which one is your 'daughter'?" She gestured at Wei Ying and Shijie. "The one lying in bed, or the one sitting there?!"

Jiang-shushu replied, his countenance grave. "Of course."

Yu-furen wore a contemptuous and mocking smile. "You most certainly do, but what difference does it make? There is not a single day that Wei Ying will rest until she stirs up some kind of trouble! If I had known, I would have made her stay in Lotus Pier properly and not go outside. Could Wen Chao really have dared to do anything to the two young masters of the Gusu Lan Clan and the Lanling Jin Clan? Even if he did, it would mean that they ran out of luck."

She eyes Wei Ying. "Since when was it your turn to play the hero?"

Whenever Jiang-shushu was present, Wei Ying was compelled to give Yu-furen face and not utter a single word in rebuttal, yet in her mind, she thought, 'Wouldn't dare to do anything to them? Sure, sure.'

"I've stated my case." Yu-furen concluded. "You can just wait... one day, she'll bring disaster on our family!"

Jiang-shushu rose to his feet. "Let's talk when we get back."

"Talk about what?" Yu-furen snapped. "Get back to where? I'll be talking about it right here! I have nothing to be ashamed of, anyways! A-Li, come over here."

Caught between her parents, Jiang Yanli hesitated for a moment before going to stand by her A-Niang's side.

Yu-furen grabbed her shoulders and pushed Shijie in front of Jiang-shushu.

"Jiang-zongzhu, it appears that, there are some things I have to say. Take a close look. This..." Jiang Yanli felt the grip on her shoulders tightening, "this is your own daughter, the future head of Lotus Pier. Even if you frown upon her just because I was the one who bore her, her surname is still Jiang!"

She released Jiang Yanli from the weight of her hands.

"I don't believe for one second that you haven't heard of how the outside people gossips..." Yu-furen said, "that, Jiang-zongzhu has still not moved on from a certain 'Sanren' despite so many years have passed, regarding the daughter of his old friend as a daughter of his own -- they're speculating if Wei Ying is your..."

Jiang-shushu shouted, "Yu Ziyuan!" interrupting her words.

Yu-furen reciprocated the exclamation with the same strong emotion, "Jiang Fengmian! Do you think that anything will change simply because you raised your voice?! Do you think that I don't know you?!"

Bam!

They left, still arguing.

"Jiang Fengmian! Why are you leaving?" She chuckles scornfully. "You're feeling guilty? It's unfortunate that the woman you loved chose another man! It is true, whether you like it or not!"