Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Happily Ever After

"No thanks."

Mo Xuanyu said so, but his gaze was locked on the pie in Jin Ruyin's palm.

As though he wanted it.

Chewing his fourth bite, Jin Ling arched a brow, 'If I were him, I wouldn't reject the offer.'

Then he froze, stiff as oak leaves after frost, realizing something in his thoughts.

'If I were him'? Hell no!

No way, no how!

Jin Ling will never put himself in the shoes of a lunatic!

The lunatic who harassed 'his' Xiaoshushu!

Disgusting.

Mo Xuanyu said it again, to stress his point, "No thanks."

Jin Ruyin huh-ed, still not fully convinced with his reply.

Couldn't keep his silence anymore, "Don't 'huh' us. Isn't it obvious?" Jin Ling butted in, tone taunting. "He's not hungry!"

"What if Xiaoshushu turned down the pie 'cause of your stare?! You look as if you'd peel Xiaoshushu alive if he took it!" She gave him the look of a ferocious serpent.

Jin Ling's eye twitched, "..."

He's been found guilty.

"Hey!" He switched his attention to the awkward Mo Xuanyu, "How come you're still rejecting the xian bing when she's generously offering it to you?!"

Nostrils flaring, Jin Ruyin chastised, "Ge! Don't talk if you've got nothing good to say! Just shut up, yeah?"

"You brat--!" Jin Ling's words were cut short when Yuan-ge forcibly fed him his unbitten pie.

"Mo-gongzi," He imparted, a (strained) grin stretched his lips, "I know you are full from Yima's lotus root and pork rib soup, but you can eat the xian bing whenever you want. So, please accept it. Consider it a token of our gratitude."

Jin Ruyin felt confused, she asked, "Gratitude?"

Right, she didn't know.

Yuan-ge briefed her on what had happened earlier. Of course, he omitted 'some' incidents that Yuan-ge deemed irrelevant.

Hearing the series of events, starry-eyed, Jin Ruyin said: "Xiaoshushu, you're so cool!"

Knowledgeable! And astute!

She reasoned in her head, 'Xiaoshushu didn't deserve to be kicked out from our cultivation clan...'

Jin Ling boo-ed and hissed when Mo Xuanyu became the centerpiece for Jin Ruyin. "Cool my ass. His flute skills suck!"

His flute work was so poor! His heinous play sounded like the moan of a chafed spirit battling its fate.

Absolutely terrible!

That's not 'cool', is it?

Jin Ruyin made a point of saying, "That's something Xiaoshushu can practice. Xiaoshushu will get better!"

Jin Ling demanded. "How come you hold Mo Xuanyu in such high regard?"

The corners of her mouth lifted, "I told you -- Xiaoshushu is my companion."

Unlike her usual playful smile, this one was solemn and somewhat melancholic.

Jin Ling is stumped as to why she's making this face. "Ru--"