Chapter 71- 75

Chapter 071 Red Packet

The people in the main room looked at the gloomy sky outside, and also felt the deep meaning hidden in Xu Tao's words. In fact, it was not hidden, she just didn't save face for Sun Fang.

Of course, everyone knows that it was indeed Sun Fang who made the first move, so it's no wonder that people didn't give thin noodles.

Everyone laughed and talked awkwardly. Most of the best men were young men from Zhaojia Village, and the bridesmaids were unmarried, so a group of young men proposed to send the bridesmaids back.

The bridesmaids were a little embarrassed, but they didn't refuse.

A group of young men and women left the Zhao house talking, while Zhao Weiqiang and Sun Fang stood at the gate of the courtyard to see everyone off, and then came back angrily.

As soon as the bridesmaids and best men left, the liveliness of the Zhao family became much quieter. Xu Tao continued to sit next to the fire cage and play glass marbles with Zhao Linan. Occasionally, Zhao Weiguo also pointed and said a few words. The family of three still had a harmonious atmosphere.

"Humph." Sun Fang came back and saw Xu Tao snorted dissatisfied, and returned to the room angrily.

Zhao Weiqiang also smiled reluctantly, and then hurriedly followed to the room to coax people.

Xu Tao continued to play with the little guy. Zhao Weiguo also sat silently watching, while Zhao's father sat in the main room smoking a big cigarette. He saw the discord between Xu Tao and Sun Fang in his eyes. But he didn't intend to talk too much.

After a while, there was a whispered conversation between the two of them in Zhao Weiqiang's room. Sun Fang was not happy, but was reminded by Zhao Weiqiang to lower her voice.

"You shouldn't have said those words at the tea table, no wonder Mrs-in-Law would be unhappy." Zhao Weiqiang sat on the bed in the room, looking at Sun Fang who was snorting, and said helplessly.

He also didn't understand, what did the good-looking Sun Fang have to tear up with her sister-in-law?

"Who are you facing?" Sun Fang immediately turned to stare at him.

This man, the day after she got married, let her suffer from this useless anger, she was suffocated to death.

"Sun Fang, you're being reasonable, but the eldest sister-in-law didn't provoke you. How could you say such things in front of Xiaonan? How old is he! Sister-in-law is a stepmother, but she is sincere to Xiaonan. ." Zhao Weiqiang said with a headache to comfort him, he already felt that he was wrong, and he didn't even dare to look at his eldest brother, Sun Fang was not happy yet.

"Why didn't she hire me? She took my child to steal my limelight. The table was full of people who praised her for treating her children well and for being smart. Who still remembers that I am the bride!" Sun Fang hummed angrily. .

Thinking of sitting at the tea table, everyone's topic should revolve around her. As soon as Xu Tao sat on the table and teased the children, they all looked at her. Could she not be angry?

"You really are. I told you this, it's your fault first, you don't take care of it, you can be upset with me, don't be stern when you go out later, you let me and my eldest brother and brother two like this. Difficulty." Zhao Weiqiang said, looking at Sun Fang with serious eyes.

He likes Sun Fang, and Sun Fang can bear her temper even if she loses her temper, a woman! It's okay to coax and follow, but Sun Fang insists on making trouble unreasonably, and he can't let her make trouble, and he's unhappy with his sister-in-law as soon as he walks in. I wonder how many people outside are watching the joke!

And if Sun Fang continues to make trouble, his parents will probably be unhappy, and it will not be good.

"Understood." Sun Fang was very dissatisfied, but still replied to Zhao Weiqiang.

Zhao Weiqiang coaxed Sun Fang patiently again. The woman's ears were soft, and Zhao Weiqiang was quite articulate. After patiently coaxing a few good words, Sun Fang was not so unhappy.

Xu Tao and Sun Fang were unhappy, and Mother Zhao was worried to death. Speaking of these two daughters-in-law, Mother Zhao definitely liked Xu Tao more. Xu Tao was the eldest daughter-in-law and spent a long time together. The quarrel with Sun Fang was indeed brought about by Sun Fang.

She went to poke the layer of gauze carefully, Xu Tao was the stepmother, but she said it in front of so many people, and told Xiao Nan to hear, this was deliberately looking for trouble.

"Mom, this is almost done!" Zhao Weiju helped clean up the tables and stools after the best man and the bridesmaids left. Zhao Weiguo and Wu Linbiao returned the tables and stools borrowed from the neighbors together.

"Well, that's almost it. You should sit next to the fire cage and rest. It's too cold." Zhao's mother responded, indicating that Zhao Weiguo and his son-in-law Wu Linbiao were also resting.

The wedding has been lively for two days. It seems that the Zhao family is not busy, but they are all too busy.

"Mom, it's getting late, it's still snowing, and it's New Year's Eve. There's a lot of work in the Wu family, so Lin Biao and I took Xiaowen home first." Zhao Weiju and his wife read If the situation at home is not right, I am ready to go home after my work is done.

There are indeed many things in the Wu family. After the wedding, she was in a hurry to go back.

"Let's stay for two more days!" Mother Zhao was a little reluctant to hear that.

Once Zhao Weiju returned to her in-law's house, it was estimated that it would be a long time since the two families were not far apart, but apart from the fake festivals, the two families had to be busy with a lot of things, and they didn't have much time to meet. In rural areas, most of the children got married. , so Mother Zhao is also very reluctant.

"No, Mom, I've been here for two days, and I've been thinking about a lot of things at home!" Zhao Weiju replied, and then talked about returning to her parents' home on the second day of the new year: "Mom, Dad, we won't come back on the second day of the new year this year. Now, Lin Biao's sister is getting married in August, and he will return to his mother's house for the first year of this year, so I also have to help entertain you at home."

"Okay, you all take care of yourself and your body, and ask someone to come back and tell me if you have anything." Mother Zhao was reluctant, but she still didn't hold back.

Zhao Weiju is married, and starting a family should focus on her own family. This is the way of life of most traditional women in Wenzhou.

"I know Mom!" Zhao Weiju said, holding her son Wu Xuewen and saying goodbye to Zhao's father.

"Brother, are you going home?" Zhao Linan and Xu Tao also stopped playing marbles, and the child ran to his brother's side with a look of reluctance.

"Well." Wu Xuewen nodded.

"When will my brother come to play again?"

"When the aunt has time, she will bring her brother back to find Xiaonan to play with." Zhao Weiju and Zhao's father said a few words, but the father and daughter didn't say much, just said they were going home. Father Zhao nodded and stopped communicating.

Zhao Linan also nodded, holding Xu Tao's hand in reliance: "Okay!"

"Wei Lan, take out the umbrella and hat at home, the wind and snow are a bit heavy, and the road is not easy to walk." Zhao mother explained Zhao Weilan, and then Looking at the gloomy sky, the reluctance is even more obvious.

Zhao Weiqiang coaxed Sun Fang in the room, and after hearing that Zhao Weiju's family was going back outside, he took Sun Fang out to see off his sister's family.

"Wei Guo, you can drive Wei Ju and the others back! The road is long, and the snow is a little heavy, so it's hard to walk." Although it's not easy to drive, it's much better than walking.

"Okay." Zhao Weiguo responded with no objection.

Sun Fang, who was just pulled out, heard that Xu Tao asked Zhao Weiguo to drive the eldest sister-in-law, and she was soothed. She glared at Xu Tao and asked, "Didn't you say the car is out of gas?"

Sun Fang looked at Xu Tao's chest heaved up and down, and she was obviously a little ruthless with anger.

Xu Tao shrugged and smiled, without the embarrassment of being caught: "If you're out of gas, you can come on!"

"You..." If Xu Tao had made excuses to perfunctory because of so many people before, then at this moment Xu Tao didn't even bother to perfunctory. Perfunctory.

In fact, she just didn't want to help Sun Fang to save face, and she didn't want to let Zhao Weiguo drive the group of bridesmaids. What happened? Xu Tao looked at Sun Fang provocatively.

"You deceive people too much." Sun Fang's eyes were red, staring at Xu Tao, thinking of coming over to grab Hua Xu Tao's face.

She put her face on Sun Fang like this, and Zhao Weiqiang asked her to come out and apologize to her, a ghostly apology.

"You're wrong, I won't deceive people too much, but I like to communicate with courtesy." Xu Tao took Zhao Linan's hand and looked at Sun Fang, her eyes did not retreat in the slightest.

"No need for sister-in-law, we can just go back." Zhao Weiju was a little embarrassed, looking at the two brothers and daughters-in-law who were fighting with each other, she felt overwhelmed.

If there was a quarrel because of sending their family back, Zhao Weiju would be even more at a loss as to what to do? Sun Fang has just entered Zhao's house on the second day, and the days to come are likely to be troublesome.

"I'll take you off." Zhao Weiguo answered calmly and took out the car keys from his pocket.

Sun Fang looked at Xu Tao and then at Zhao Weiguo, her face turned pale with anger, she turned to look at Zhao Weiqiang, hoping that Zhao Weiqiang would speak, but Zhao Weiqiang just held her silently.

"Don't make trouble." Zhao Weiqiang said.

Sun Fang had been able to endure it before, this would be really wronged, tears were falling, Xu Tao ignored her and looked back at Zhao Weiju.

"Wei Ju, let Wei Guo send you off. If it's just the two of you and your husband, then there's also our elementary school literature! I feel sorry for my little nephew, and I don't want him to blow the snow!" Xu Tao smiled and spoke to Wu Xuewen.

"Thank you auntie." Wu Xuewen also smiled at Xu Tao, the child was very shy.

Zhao Weiju looked at her son Wu Xuewen, but she didn't insist too much. After all, she also felt sorry for her son. Wu Xuewen was frail since he was born. After walking home for an hour in the wind and snow, he might be really uncomfortable. She took the initiative to speak, and she didn't have to refuse.

Zhao Weiguo drove Zhao Weiju's family back, and Xu Tao continued to lead Zhao Linan to sit next to the fire cage.

Sun Fang was so angry that she returned to the room, and immediately became angry again: "Zhao Weiqiang, did you see that, I only got married the next day, so you gave me this kind of bad anger." Sun Fang had no choice but to rush to Zhao Weiqiang. Splash.

Zhao Weiqiang was also very helpless, but there was nothing he could do.

Because it was snowing, it was difficult to walk on the road. The best man and the bridesmaids only walked a short distance. In addition, Xinghuatun and Qianshan Village happened to have two-fifths of the road overlapping. , the two villages go in different directions.

Zhao Weiguo drove his car to crush the white snow, and he was very fast. He happened to meet a group of people in front of him when he happened to be at the fork.

Zhao Weiguo didn't stop at all, and drove his car directly past.

When a group of bridesmaids saw the car, their faces became even more ugly, especially after leaving Zhao's house, the wind and snow were blowing all the way, and all their faces were extremely pale.

Now they saw the car driving by, and the slap in the face was a slap in the face. Although it was a slap on the face of Sun Fang, they felt a little uncomfortable in their hearts, but they couldn't say anything.

The best men sent off for a long time. Seeing that everyone looked embarrassed and the weather was really cold, there were two young guys who also saw each other, and they were more or less the ones who had to settle down, so they stopped the idea of ​​continuing to send.

One or two proposals were made, and others were also shaken. The weather is so cold, and it is almost the same as a long way to send them home. They have to go back. It might be dark and it will snow. God, it's still comfortable to go home and roast the fire cage.

The best men were all ready to go home. Four or five girls could only walk home in aggrieved groups. When they arrived at Xinghua Village, they were all appalling and wet with snow.

Zhao Weiguo drove Zhao Weiju's family back to Qianshan Village, and returned shortly after. When he came back, he quietly told Xu Tao that when he sent Zhao Weiju back, he ran into the group of bridesmaids.

Xu Tao laughed again, so relieved.

Sun Fang was angry about this for a long time. The family sat at the table to eat, but the nose was not the nose, and the eyes were not the eyes.

Xu Tao didn't care, she served Zhao Linan with food, she had enough food and drink, and she treated Sun Fang as a transparent person throughout the whole process. Sun Fang saw that Zhao's family didn't say anything and didn't mean to defend her, and she was even more dissatisfied.

Zhao Weilan had a general impression of Sun Fang before. When she made various marriage requests, Zhao Weilan was very disdainful. Now the second day of marriage, everyone was unhappy, and she naturally felt speechless. It's a thing mom.

"Zhao Weilan, what do you mean, don't even give me a piece of meat?" Sun Fang grabbed the chopsticks and was about to eat the meat.

Zhao Weilan didn't notice, the speed was a little faster, and he took a piece of meat from the plate, and Sun Fang slapped the chopsticks directly on the dining table.

"..." Father Zhao suddenly frowned.

Mother Zhao also looked at Sun Fang: "Isn't there still meat? What's going on?" As she spoke, Mother Zhao moved a plate of meat dishes in front of Sun Fang, ready to settle down.

As a mother-in-law, Sun Fang only entered the door on the second day. She would endure it for a few days when she was angry. It was about to New Year's Day. When Sun Fang and Zhao Weiqiang returned to the door in three days, it happened to be New Year's Eve, so they discussed it. On the day of my mother's house, I went home together that day.

Mother Zhao also didn't want Sun Fang to go back to her mother's house to spit bitterness, thinking that peace was the most important thing, she and Xu Tao were unhappy, and it was also because she did not speak properly, so it was impossible for Mother Zhao to protect her.

Sun Fang was really angry, but she didn't know what to do. She felt that the Zhao family was targeting her.

"Auntie, are you full?" Zhao Linan, the child, was eating obediently, and when he saw Sun Fang throwing his chopsticks, the child asked ignorantly.

Sun Fang looked at Zhao Linan, and glanced at the Zhao family who were sitting on the seat. She felt that she was eating and not eating.

"It's up to you!" Sun Fang whispered.

"You give my son a fierce drink and try!" Xu Tao also lowered her face.

Sun Fang gritted her teeth, facing Xu Tao's eyes a little timidly.

"It's alright, it's just a piece of meat. As for the chopsticks! Eating." Zhao Weiqiang took the chopsticks for Sun Fang, and he picked up the chopsticks in front of her and stuffed them into Sun Fang's hands. .

But the Zhao family didn't have a very good impression of Sun Fang, and the dinner was particularly uncomfortable.

After dinner, it was cold, and everyone went back to the house. Sun Fang went back to the house and made a big fire at Zhao Weiqiang. The two also quarreled for a long time.

Zhao's mother and Zhao's father were lying in their own room. They lived in the main room of the family, but the rooms were separated by wooden boards. The next door was arguing softly, and some quarrels could be heard, and Zhao's mother was also a little irritable.

"Tell me, why is this Wei Qiang's daughter-in-law so troubled? I didn't want Wei Qiang to marry her before, but Wei Qiang refused to listen. Now, I've married a troublemaker, and the next day after the wedding, there was trouble. Will there be a stable life at home from now on?" Mother Zhao and Father Zhao whispered.

Today, the eldest daughter-in-law, Xu Tao, went out with Zhao Linan in her arms. When she came back, she just gave her some face. Sun Fang was not happy. If she was a powerful one, she might tear Sun Fang's mouth on the spot.

"..." Zhao's father was lying on the bed, and the man who had always talked less ignored Zhao's mother.

As a father-in-law and a man, he is too lazy to talk about his daughter-in-law, even if Sun Fang is obviously not good enough, these things should be considered by Zhao Weiqiang and the others. Men, if they can't control their own daughter-in-law, do they still Do you expect others to help you?

Mother Zhao sighed: "Oh, the eldest daughter-in-law is also one who doesn't want to suffer losses. The two of them are pointed at Maimang. Isn't it difficult for Wei Guo and Weiqiang brothers? Don't let the brotherhood fade away because of this. "

Mother Zhao doesn't worry about anything else, she just doesn't want a gap between the two brothers Zhao Weiguo and Zhao Weiqiang.

The daughter-in-law and the daughter-in-law are separated by a layer of relationship, and the relationship is superficial no matter how harmonious the relationship is, but the two brothers are close, so Mother Zhao is naturally uncomfortable and worried.

"What do you do with your heart? They are all married people. Do you still expect them to be the same as before? Between brothers, after having their own family, it will be a matter of time to separate the family." Zhao's father thought. thorough.

That's how he came here, how good the relationship between brothers is, will be affected by his daughter-in-law.

"Separation, that's not possible." Mother Zhao immediately shook her head.

This Zhao Weiqiang just got married, why did the old man think about the separation of the family.

"Brothers, if you want to have a good relationship, you should separate your family as soon as possible, and each will have his own small life, and everyone will be at ease. Anyway, with the two of us here, they should always spend the New Year and the festival together. Do you think , Wei Guo's family has to go back to Yangcheng after the year, how many days will they live at home at the end of the year? In fact, it is better to separate the family, but there is no need to worry about the separation for the time being." Zhao's father saw this matter thoroughly.

The tree has a big branch, and the same goes for the family. If you need to go out, you can divide it up, so as to save the trouble later, and then look at the situation later. If the trouble is really bad, divide the family and live their own lives.

"I don't agree." Zhao's mother retorted angrily: "The family is separated, so is it still a family?"

"Tsk, I said you, you just married into the Zhao family, and your relationship with your sister-in-law is also different. No, I'm not looking forward to the separation every day, why didn't you want to!" Zhao's father scolded her about Zhao's mother's own affairs.

Mother Zhao was suddenly at a loss for words. Many things were not on her own. How could she understand if she was not a parent.

Mother Zhao wanted to refute, but she couldn't speak. Still not very happy, she pulled the light cord and lay down angrily, another night of worries.

It snowed all night and day. On the third day, the sky cleared up and the snow began to melt gradually. It happened to be New Year's Eve. After New Year's Eve, it was a new year.

It may be New Year's Eve soon, and it's New Year's Eve again. On the third day of Sun Fang, she endured it, and the family can be considered peaceful.

After having dinner on New Year's Eve, Xu Tao gave Zhao Linan a bath despite her distress.

New Year's Eve is the last day of the year. Naturally, it should be washed and cleaned. Before going to bed, Xu Tao also prepared a big red envelope for the child, and also prepared a New Year's red envelope for Zhao Weilan.

There are customs here in Wenzhou. Those who are not married are considered children. Children can receive red envelopes. Zhao Weilan is still a student, and she is considered a half-year-old child. Naturally, she can receive red envelopes.

The New Year's Eve in Wenzhou is very lively. After the New Year's Eve, some people will keep the year old, and some people don't pay attention to this and go to bed early. After Xu Tao coaxed Zhao Linan to sleep on New Year's Eve, he only managed to hold on until twelve o'clock, waiting for Zhao Linan to sleep. In the village, it is customary to open the door after twelve o'clock to welcome the New Year and set off firecrackers, then go to sleep.

There are many people in Zhaojia Village, and the sound of firecrackers can be heard from time to time in the second half of New Year's Eve. Xu Tao half-awakes and hugs Zhao Linan to dream.

"It's time to get up for tea and breakfast." Zhao Weiguo watched Xu Tao and Zhao Linan fall asleep. At six o'clock in the morning, he was reluctant to wake up the mother and son.

It is a custom in Wenzhou. On the morning of the first day of the new year, the family will sit at the table with He Meimei and eat snacks and tea, and then have a vegetarian meal. After breakfast, if everything is fine, the family can go to a nearby temple to worship and offer incense. , ask for peace.

"It's so early!" Xu Tao hugged Zhao Linan.

"En." Zhao Weiguo leaned over and kissed Xu Tao.

Xu Tao pursed her lips and glanced at Zhao Weiguo, and then gently woke Zhao Linan up. The child opened his eyes in a daze, and burrowed into Xu Tao's arms: "Mom."

"It's too early, the little guy can't wake up." Xu Tao said helplessly to Zhao Weiguo.

"Get up and drink your morning tea, and then go to bed after breakfast." Zhao Weiguo soothed and coaxed.

Xu Tao had no choice but to get up, put on her clothes in a cold and silent manner, and then coaxed Zhao Linan to get dressed half-awake and carry him out of the room.

"Xiao Nan is up, go find her grandparents and ask for a New Year's red envelope." Zhao Weilan looked at her little nephew in Xu Tao's arms and happily encouraged the child.

"Red envelope?" Zhao Linan opened his eyes gently.

"Well, look, my aunt also has red envelopes." Zhao Weilan showed off the two red envelopes in his hand.

The red envelopes at the moment are almost always wrapped with cut red paper, and then stick the red paper with rice or glue, and you can see how much the red envelope is at a glance.

Zhao Weilan is still in school and has no source of income. Occasionally, Zhao's father and mother will give her some pocket money, but it is limited, and the pocket money is basically bought for her school supplies.

At the end of the year, Zhao Weilan has no money in her hands, so she can look forward to getting a two-dollar red envelope during the Chinese New Year. For this reason, she can be happy for a long time. After the new year, she can save a five-dollar red envelope. whole year.

Zhao Linan immediately woke up from Xu Tao's arms, and ran to Father Zhao who was sitting in the main room without washing his face.

"Grandpa, red envelopes and red envelopes." Zhao Linan approached happily, the child had no concept of money, but after seeing the money in Zhao Weilan's hand, the child was still very happy.

"Here, I hope our family Xiaonan will be safe and healthy in the new year." Zhao's father said happy words and handed Zhao Linan a red envelope of two yuan.

"Thank you grandpa." Zhao Linan was happy, grabbed the red envelope and ran to the kitchen again. Don't think about it, she should have asked Mother Zhao to ask for the red envelope.

"Weilan, Happy New Year." Xu Tao also took out the red envelope she prepared and handed it to Zhao Weilan.

"Thank you, sister-in-law." Zhao Weilan's eyes lit up when she saw Xu Tao's red envelope. After all, since she was a child, the biggest red envelope she ever received was two yuan. When she saw the ten yuan in Xu Tao's hand, she couldn't be more excited.

Zhao Weilan was very happy, Zhao Linan had already taken the red envelopes, and came out of the kitchen in a daze. The little guy put the two red envelopes in his hands to give to Xu Tao.

"Mom, here it is." Zhao Linan happily contributed his red envelope.

"Does Xiaonan want to give the red envelope to her mother?" Xu Tao laughed. She did not have the deceptive behavior of parents and children who told you to keep the red envelope for you and give you back when you grow up, nor did she tell Zhao Linan about the New Year's red envelope, much less. Thinking of it, the first thing the child does when he gets the red envelope is that he sincerely wants to give it to her.

"Well, for mom." Zhao Linan nodded.

A child who is not short of food, clothing, or things, Xu Tao can meet his basic needs in life. He is also good. When he was in Yangcheng, he occasionally followed other children to the canteen. Children also knew the use of money, but they never did. I had to spend pocket money with Xu Tao.

"You don't need to give it to your mother. Xiaonan puts it in his pocket. After returning to Yangcheng, his mother buys a piggy bank for Xiaonan. Is it okay for Xiaonan to save it himself!" Xu Tao touched the child's head and said to him.

"Okay." Zhao Linan didn't hesitate, and nodded obediently.

Seeing this, Xu Tao also took out a ten-dollar red envelope: "Here, I wish our Xiaonan a happy, happy, mother will work hard to make money and let us Xiaonan live a happy life."

"Well, thank you . Mom." Zhao Linan took Xu Tao's red envelope and kissed Xu Tao with a pout.

Xu Tao leaned over, the mother and son were kissing each other, Sun Fang came out and gave them a cold look, then bypassed them and walked to the kitchen to wash their faces with hot water.

"Dad, red envelopes." Zhao Linan's child squeezed three red envelopes in his hands, and then set his sights on Zhao Weiguo.

Zhao Weiguo chuckled, stretched out his hand and took out a red envelope from his pocket and gave it to the child: "Here."

"Thank you, Dad." Zhao Linan happily held four red envelopes. Zhao Weiguo had the same number of red envelopes as Xu Tao, one for Zhao Linan and one for Zhao Weilan. It's ten dollars.

"Thank you eldest brother." Zhao Weilan took Zhao Weiguo's red envelope and looked at the two ten-dollar red envelopes in her hand. She had only received five-dollar red envelopes in the past, and she felt like she had suddenly become rich.

Zhao Weiqiang also got up and looked at the red envelope that Zhao Weilan was holding in his hand. He was a little embarrassed. He only prepared a red envelope for Zhao Linan, and it was only two yuan.

"Xiao Nan, this is the red envelope that your uncle gave you." Zhao Weiqiang gave the red envelope to Zhao Linan, and looked at his sister Zhao Weilan rather embarrassedly: "Wei Lan, my brother just got married, and money is tight. I owe the red envelope this year, and will supply it next year. you."