Coming Back

I woke up and it was still pitch black outside. My watch said it was 3:30 in the morning. I sat up, no longer feeling the whiskey. I started the truck and started driving back.

When I pulled into the prison, I had to open the gate for myself while killing walkers. Wasn't simple, but it got done. I sighed and looked up at the stars, then heard running. I turned and Daryl snatched me up tightly. "Don't you ever do something stupid like that again!" His deep voice grumbled. "What?" He sighed. "I left and went out looking for you but... I couldn't find you. And when I came back you still weren't here... Kat you had me worried sick!" He had my tight in his grasp. I didn't hug back. "You're a fucking dick." A hurt look came across his face, and he nodded. "I know but ple-" "This is the third time Daryl. If you don't care to hurt me then I'm d-" I stopped when his eyes turned wider. He literally looked scared. But not a normal person scared, but... A Daryl kind of scared. "I don't wanna hurt you." He whispered, then gulped. "I'm sorry. If you have ta... Leave me, I get it." He squinted his eyes shut, but I couldn't leave. I couldnt make my feet walk, and honestly I didn't want to. I got closer to him and hugged him tight to me. "I love you."

He stayed in my arms a moment, his gripping me tightly to him once again. "I love you too Kat."

We laid down in bed and I put my head on his chest. "I didn't mean it." I shrugged. "You obviously think it a little bit... Or else you wouldn't have said it." He shook his head. "I don't think that babe..." Him calling me babe in his sleep filled, deep voice could make my knees weak. "I just... Get... Worried." I shushed him lightly, pulling him to me even tighter. "Just go to bed, Dare..."

I woke up to someone calling my name from the bottom of the tower. I groaned and rolled, finally feeling the alcohol. "You were drinking last night." Daryl mumbled, tossing my clothes. I shrugged. "How'd you know?" He scoffed. "I could smell it on you... Just didn't wanna point it out." I shrugged, throwing on a new shirt and my belt. "You can't just go off and get drunk." I sighed. "I can do as I please, actually." He shook his head. "We're not arguing. We're not gonna argue again. You're never, ever gonna do something that stupid again." I crossed my arms, but nodded a bit. "Okay... I won't do it again...."

We were up, working on the prison yet again. "Hey Katherine.." Taylor sat beside me, crossing her legs. "Yeah?" She rubbed the back of her neck. "I was wondering if me and you could go hunting." I raised my eyebrows. "1. You and I. 2. You're supposed to be going with Carol when she teaches the children." She groaned. "I don't wanna! She's teaching them things I already know!" I furrowed my eyebrows. "You're smart, but I got her worksheets and stuff for your and Carl's grade level too." She crossed her arms. "I got one of them..." "And?" "And I did it!" She was getting way to defensive for that to be all. "Maybe I should come with you for one of those, classes." I knew I didn't have time what so ever to go there, but I didn't think she knew that. "No, no, no! It's fine! I'll go!" She began to walk, but I grabbed her arm. "What's going on? Truth!" I said as I stood, putting my hands on my hips.

Daryl's POV

"Well would you look at that!" Rick said, wiping his face from the sweat. "Kat's lookin' like a mom already." He chuckled. I looked over, seeing Taylor trying to explain something, and Kat with her hands on her hips. "What do ya think that's about?" I questioned. Rick pondered for a moment. "Maybe her getting so cozy with my son." He smirked at me. "I caught him trying to sneak to her cell last night." I raised my eyebrows and Rick chuckled. "I trust my boy... Kat trusts the girl. I think it'll be alright." I nodded then noticed Kat was seeming to get pretty mad. "I don't think it's about Carl." Rick corrected after a moment. "Unless she's pregnant." He made a dry chuckle, still staring. Kat automatically began storming towards us. "Rick. Come talk to me." Rick got wide eyed. "Fucking Carl."

Katherine's POV

"Did you know anything about the kids' classes?" I asked him, already knowing if he had known he wouldn't have allowed it without permission from the parents. But honestly, she's only helping them. Suddenly I was second thinking my whole talking with Rick before I talked to Carol. "What about it?" I looked up and frowned. "The kids aren't doing hardly any work in there. They're practically conning her into doing it herself to "show them"" I lied. He chuckled. "I wouldn't get too worked up over that Kat. All kids there age do that, just talk to them and I'm sure they'll be fine." I nodded a bit. "Yeah, I'm just... Over exaggeratin. Never done this before." He laughed. "You're doing a good job." I smiled and nodded, talking briefly with him. He went back to work, and I sighed as I walked back over to Taylor. "I'm gonna talk to Carol." "Did you tell Rick?" I looked at the girl, then firmly shook my head. "Not yet."

As I walked up to the women, I bit my cheek. Everyone watched me approach her, since the last time we talked I sort of punched her. "Carol can we talk... In private." She slowly nodded and followed me into our cellblock, which was luckily abandoned at the moment. "Your class. I know what it is." She got wide eyed a moment, but regrouped. "Did you tell anyone." I shook my head. "No." "Please don't." I shook my head again, sighing. "Carol... I agree, the kids should know how to survive, but. We can't do that and not let everyone know, and you also need to be teaching them real stuff too. Math, reading, stuff like that." She sighed. "The parents will say no or at least some of them will, then what? Then their kids are going to not know a damn thing about life out there." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Carol I think we need to discuss this with them anyways... We'll talk them into it in the future more about it, and maybe when the kids are older than 6 or 7, they'll be okay with them learning how to kill and hunt." "But what if we're not here in the future." I sighed. "Carol, I know where you're coming from but the answer is no... You can't just teach them without permission. I'm sorry." "Katherine please." I gulped a bit, looking up to the sky. "I'll give you some time... Show me, that you can teach them both. Okay?" She nodded vigorously. "I still think Rick should know." She shook her head. "Please don't tell him." I sighed. "We'll see."