The Barn

Daryl's POV

I walked out of the woods, pissed as I saw Rick all over Katherine... Be just like Lori, married with a toy on the side, I don't care.... But don't make your toy Kat... I growled as I stormed towards them, but Katherine only walked towards me, her hair flowing slightly with the wind. Her eyes looked electric as she questioned me. She explained that Rick was crying, because of Lori and her little boy toy Shane... Oh goodie, another baby for the bunch. I rolled my eyes and made my usual comments, but Kat stuck up for Lori, which surprised me. After a minute, I had her laughing, getting to see that beautiful smile. I almost told her... I almost told her how much I cared about her, how much I have since our old camp... How much I have since the highway.. She walked through the woods, and I admired just how amazing she truly was. Her long dark hair, her fit body, her blue eyes, and not to mention just how wonderful of a person she is... She's like the light at the end of the tunnel... I didn't even recognize what I was doing until I had her against the tree, my forehead against hers. "Daryl, what are you doing?" She wasn't scared, or mad, but seemed more... Vulnerable? "I didn't get to finish what I was gonna say before..." I stated carefully. I felt her breath on my lips as she sucked in air. "Okay... What were you gonna say?" I gulped. Well, here goes nothing...

Katherine's POV

He leaned in a bit more.. "You're gorgeous, Katherine... Your hair, your eyes, everything... It's just beautiful.. I'm in l-" "KATHERINE!!!!!" I heard Shane scream. Daryl groaned, releasing me and we both walked back. "What the hell did you need?!" I growled at Shane. "Walkers... There's walkers in the barn!" I saw red as I stormed down to the barn, Shane walking beside me. I stopped and banged on the door, then heard the growls and snaps. "The fuck?!" I cursed, storming up to Rick, who sat near the porch of the Greene house. "Rick fucking Grimes... You better tell me you fucking know about this barn." I growled at him. His eyes went wide and he gulped. "Katherine.... Calm down.. I'll talk to Hershel about it." I shook my head. "No... I will." I stormed into the house, Rick behind me. As soon as I saw Hershel, I sighed and sat down at the table with him. "So I walked by the barn today..." I began, looking him in the eyes. "Leave them..." "What are you thinking?" I asked, so calmly that I was beginning to scare myself. "They're my family... I... Said... Leave... Them..." I slowly nodded. "Okay, let's say I leave them... Then they tear down the barn for everyone... Let's say someone gets bit.. Not me, not Rick's son, not you... Let's say Maggie gets bit..." He began glaring, and tilted his head at me. "Maggie dies, and then you've lost another family member... Another person, who more than likely depends on you for safety..." He made a face, then gave me a look that could kill. "Leave... The PEOPLE, in the barn, alone." I tilted my head, but slowly nodded. "Okay... But my group WILL be moving their tents even farther from the barn, and they WILL be keeping weapons on them, since you're giving us such a large hazard." I said, leaning back. "Haven't you all been carrying your weapons anyways? Isn't that how Mr.Dixon was shot?" I let out a huff of laughter, and nodded. "You haven't seen the half of it, farmer man... But thanks for your, consideration..." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "Have fun Rick." I called as I walked out the door, seeing that Rick was going to stay and negotiate more. I felt anger swarm me as I stormed to the camp. I grabbed my bow, then stormed to the woods. I wasn't sure what to do, so I just went and looked for Sofia... I need her... I need to find her, and I need to know she's safe... It's the only way I'll finally get some sleep...

After a couple hours, I found myself walking back to the farm. It had felt like days out in those woods, going and searching through miles of brush and trees for hours. I knew if I had stayed out there much longer, a certain dark haired, blue eyed redneck would come looking for me. As I got closer, I heard gunshots.. I sprinted towards the sound, which led me to the barn...

"You're right! That is enough!" Was all I got out of Shane, as he shot what looked to be a walker on a leash, straight in the brains. He ran to the barn doors, and I automatically went to grabbing Carl and Lori, shoving them as far back as I could, then doing the same with Beth, Maggie, and Hershel, along with Jimmy and Patricia. I ripped out my gun, shooting down walkers as I ran and guarded the Greene's. Maggie gave me a sympathetic look, telling me she knew they were dead, but that she also knew her family was going to hate me when I'm only protecting them at this moment. I only shot down the walkers, watching each one quickly fall down with a bullet in their brain. All of them seemed to be down, but I still heard a small groaning...

I felt my heart shatter at the sight. Daryl ran and grabbed Carol from running to what was left of her daughter, but I honestly felt like doing the same thing. Rick had his gun up, but winced at the young girl's moving remains. I knew he wouldn't be able to do it, so I lifted my gun to the little girl with a bite on her shoulder, sucked in every emotion I had, and pulled the trigger.

As soon as she fell, the whole group looked at me. I quickly lowered my gun, trying to hide the fact that my whole body was shaking. Maggie and Patricia picked up Hershel, while Jimmy grabbed an obviously shocked Beth. Maggie gave me a sad smile, then whispered my name, trying to get me to come with them... But Shane began following them, screaming and ranting, holding his fist up to each of the Greene's, including Maggie. I felt my breath quicken and I quickly walked up to his back, shoving the bud of my gun into the back of his skull. He slowly turned, an angry expression on his face and his breathing heavy. I didn't hear anything as my finger gripped the trigger. Even Shane had a fearful look on his face, but one voice broke through my barrier, causing me to think everything through. "Don't pull it, Kat! He ain't worth that!" His southern accent echoed to me. I flipped my gun around and hit him clear in the face with it, then stormed off. I didn't know where I planned on going, but the last thing I wanted to do is see anyone from this broken group...