Fight Like Hell

Two days... Two days had passed and Daryl and I didn't speak to each other. Daryl tried, in his own way I guess. He made sure I was in his eyesight every moment of the day, but I only tried to avoid him. "Kat. You're coming, right?" Rick asked. I nodded, hopping in the truck with him, Hershel, and Daryl. I sat in the back beside Daryl, but rather looked out the window. We were going to the meet with the governor, although I didn't see us getting out of a battle. I felt Daryl's eyes on me, so finally, I looked back. His whole facial expression was apologetic, but I kept my face straight, not showing any emotion. "We don't shoot, unless you hear gunshots or you're attacked, okay?" I looked up at Rick and nodded,then went back to my window. The car ride was pretty much silent other than that...

When we pulled into the building we were meeting the governor, I saw only 2 men outside. I furrowed my eyebrows and made sure my gun was in one hand, and my knife was in the other. I got out with the guys and looked around. "Where's the Governor?" I asked a nerdy man before me. He had dirty, messy blonde hair and bluish green eyes. I'd say he looked to be around 30? "Inside." He replied, staring wide eyes at me. I looked at Rick, and he nodded. He went inside and I sighed. "So, y'all got a third?" They shook their heads. I nodded, but in no way shape or form believed them. I sat on top of the truck, leaning back. The air was humid, the sun was hot, and the tention was close to umbareable. "Hey, Barbie!" I heard someone say. I turned my head and gripped my knife tighter. "Name ain't Barbie." The man smiled. "Then what's the name?" I rolled my eyes and looked back to the sky. "Kat." "My name is Caesar, but go ahead and call me Martinez." I smiled a bit and nodded, not looking at him. I sat up when I heard grunts, finally noticing Daryl watching exactly how close Martinez got to me, and he had his crossbow raised slightly up. Daryl and Martinez took off towards the walkers, while I sighed and walked. It hurt to run, really. The governor's damage had hardly healed, so I couldn't put up as much of a fight as usual. I watched as Daryl and him competed against the other, smirking a bit. I raised my knife and threw it to the last walker, watching Martinez's face turn quickly to me. I smirked a bit and walked passed them, pulling my knife out. Daryl pulled a pack of cigaretts from the pocket of one of them, smiling to himself. "Want one?" He directed to Martinez. He shook his head. "Don't smoke." He nodded and pulled one out. "So, where'd you learn to throw knives?" Martinez asked, trying to start a conversation with me. "Boy, didn't you ever learn not to fraternise with the enemy?" He smiled, chuckling a bit. "A little thing like you can't possibly be my enemy." I smirked a bit. "I put up a pretty good fight against the governor, don't you think?" He scoffed. "Okay, well... Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, I guess." I smiled, shaking my head. I took a step closer to him, only being a few inches away. "Then it makes it harder if you have to kill them..." I slowly turned and walked away, smirking to myself. Hershel and whatever the nery guy's name was, talked on a bench about how Hershel had survived a bite to the leg. "Ah, here she is... She's the one who came up with the idea to cut off the bite." Hershel said, smiling warmly at me. "Milton, this is Katherine. Katherine, this is Milton, he's Woodbury's researcher." I slowly nodded. "I... Um, I was... Researching the biters, to see if they possibly.. Still carried memories, or anything." He cleared his throat and looked down. "They don't. Their brain dies, nothing but the brain stem revives." He looked up at me, intrest and curiousity covering his features. "Do you research them as well?" I shook my head. "No need. I was at the CDC before it was... Gone. The last doctor told me and my group how the process works." He nodded a bit. "Well, then how'd you know you could save him by cutting off his leg?" I shrugged. "I didn't... But, I'm willing to do anything to keep my family alive." He nodded and gulped a bit. "I give you luck with that... If only there were more people in the world with those beliefs." He mumbled, trying to fill the awkward space, since I did sort of threaten his home. Hershel chuckled, then stood up. His face went serious, and I turned. The governor smiled at me, winking. "Hello again." I raised my eyebrows. "Were you winking, or blinking?" I questioned with a slight smirk. He let out a breathed chuckle, then narrowed his eyes. "Still got few... Bumbs and bruises, huh?" I opened my mouth, but was lightly pulled behind someone. Daryl's strong grip lightly guided me to the truck, opening the door for me and helping me in. I sighed, watching as everyone else hopped into the truck also.

   "What are we doing, Rick?" I asked quietly. He turned his head to look at me, sighing. "I'll tell you when we get back." I nodded, then turned towards the window again.

   The prison went quiet as we pulled in, but Rick pulled me to the side of everyone. "He... He wants Michonne..." He said quietly. I raised an eyebrow. "He wants us to take her to him, alive.." I shook my head. "He wouldn't stop at Michonne..." I replied. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked down. "So, we fight..." I gulped, but nodded. "We fight like hell."