Quarantine

Right before Daryl left, Tyrese called us to the back. "THEY KILLED EM AND SET EM ON FIRE!" He screeched. Two bodies were burned, and from what I saw one of them had to be Karen. "Tyrese cal-" Rick grabbed my hand, telling me to go get some sheets so we could bury their remains. I nodded and ran to go get them, but when I came back it seemed things had gotten a little physical. He had Daryl up by the wall, but when I went up to him Daryl shoved his hand out, telling me to stop. "We're on the same side, man." He said in a grumble to Tyrese. Rick tried talking to him, but Tyrese shoved him. "She wouldn't want you to act like thi-" He was cut off when Tyrese punched him. I stood between them and Tyrese shoved me out of the way, but Daryl grabbed him and held him down. Rick watched me hit the wall, but I stayed up. Rick punched Tyrese in the head, and Daryl let him fall. Rick stood over him and hit him again, then again. Daryl finally pulled him off. "GET OFF OF ME!" Rick growled. Daryl let him go, but Rick tried to go back at him. Rick stood back over him but I grabbed his fist before it slammed down onto him again. He flipped around, pushing me by shoving his hand into my gut, then trying to go back to Tyrese. I felt anger engulf me, and all of a sudden he only reminded me of my father. Before I could think about what I was doing, my fist swung and hit him in the mouth. He fell back, obviously stunned, and felt his mouth. He spit into his hand, and I could see his back tooth now sitting in his palm. My hand actually hurt, but the adrenaline in me numbed the pain. Daryl seemed as stunned as everyone else. Rick stood up, looking at me for a second. "I..." "Deserved that." I growled. "Get inside the prison." He scoffed. "Since when do I take orders from you?" "Since I decided that you do, because obviously you're fucked up right now." I said, stepping closer to get a bit in his face. He nodded a second, turning and walking away. I let out a puff of air, looking at Carol and Daryl, whom both seemed to still be completely shocked. "Is everyone quarantined?" I asked Carol. She nodded. "Go kill at the fence then." I responded. She nodded and quickly walked off, and I looked down at Tyrese. "Get up." He slowly sat up, making me sigh. "Go get inside, have Hershel clean up your face." "What about the-" "You don't need to fucking worry about that right now. I'll fix it now you shut the hell up and do as I say. When I find them, I'll make sure you know about it. Now go." He stood up, towering over me, but nodded and did as I said, walking into the prison. After a moment, I felt Daryl's arms lightly around me. "Calm down." He whispered quietly to me. I nodded. I turned and faced him, then felt his lips lightly on my forehead. "Is it good for me to leave?" He asked, making sure it was safe. I nodded. "Be careful... I love you." He nodded. "I love you too." He kissed me softly, his hand touching my cheek. He sighed lightly, then gripped my hand a moment. "I have my radio... Make sure you have yours too." I nodded and smiled. "Of course." He smiled back, giving me one last quick kiss. "See you later." 

    After he left with the group, I sighed and sat down beside Rick, who was getting checked by Hershel. "You two should probably talk..." Hershel said, raising his eyebrows at me. I nodded and he grabbed some stuff. "I'll leave you to it." 

    "I'm sorry." Rick mumbled. I shrugged. "I'm the one that knocked your tooth out... I should be saying sorry." He shook his head. "I shouldn't have hit you.. Or Tyrese..." I sighed, leaning my head back. Rick moved my head, looking at my neck. "What's that?" He asked, his thumb going over the skin on my jaw. "What?" He shook his head. "Nothing..." I felt his head lay on my shoulder and I let him lay there for a second. "What are we gonna do?" He mumbled. I shrugged. "While they go get medicine, we're going to work like we have been... Just a lot harder." He nodded and sat up. "Let's get to it then." 

    After hours on the fence, Rick came and told me he was taking Carol out for a little while. I nodded, but lifted my eyebrows at him. "I'll tell you if anything happens." I nodded. He was acting a bit strange, but before he left, he hugged me. It wasn't a quick hug either. He held me there for a moment, before moving his hands to my shoulders and looking me in the eyes. "Be careful, Kat..." I nodded, but knew I had my eyebrows furrowed. I felt his lips kiss the top of my head. "You be careful too..." He nodded and walked away, leaving me in complete and utter confusion. "The hell?" 

     I stayed out for awhile, killing most of the walkers on the left fence. "Kat! Come eat." Maggie commanded. I nodded, sitting down and eating with her. "Where's your dad?" "He went in to quarantine to help take care of the sick." I nodded, taking another bite of soup. "He said... He said a lot of them are dying, and turning into walkers." I raised my eyebrows. "I'll go talk to him in a few minutes." She nodded "Maybe I should go in too, so I cou-" "No, no way in hell." I responded. We argued for a moment, but like always I won. "I'm gonna go talk to your dad." I sighed, going to the room that Maggie had been using to talk to him. "HERSHEL!!!" I yelled. He came, looking tired as can be. "What's going on in there?" I asked. "Glenn is getting really, really sick... I don't much have help anymore... And we're having to burn bodies... Burn them, like they're not human." I nodded a bit. "Do I need to come in there?" He gulped. "I don't want you in here." "But do you need more help?" I asked again. He looked down. "I think I can manage." I shook my head with a sigh. "I'll see you soon."

    I went and found Maggie, hugging her for a second. "I'm gonna go into the quarantine." I told her. "What?!" She began to panic. "I'll be okay... Daryl should be back soon, so I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm just gonna help your dad so that Glenn has some time to rest too." I said, sugarcoating everything. She stopped and thought for a moment, then nodded. "Yeah... Okay." I nodded and sighed. "I'll see you eventually." 

   I stopped before I walked into quarantine, but sighed and walked in. It was a lot worse than I imagined. I found Hershel in a room, giving someone tea. "Hi.." I mumbled. He turned and looked at me, eyes wide. "So you came..." I nodded and he stood up, gulping. "Well, come do my rounds with me..." 

    After three other people, we got to Glenn. He looked awful. I mean, absolutely awful. He was pail, he had circles under his eyes, and he was coughing. "Oh wow..." I mumbled. "Thanks Kat." He said, rolling his eyes. "That's what every man loves to hear from an attractive women." I laughed a bit, but held a cloth to his forehead. "You're burning up." I said quietly. He nodded. "Why are you in here?" "Hershel needed more help..." He growled. "I could've done it." I shook my head. "It's okay, Glenn. I'm sure I'll be okay. Daryl will get some medicine."

     I sat in Glenn's room with him, soon hearing my radio come on with Daryl's voice. "What's going on?" I gulped a moment. "Not much. The fence is getting really really crowded. You all okay?" "Still on our way to get the medicine... Just checking up, check on y'all again soon." 

   "Daryl was really worried about you when you left with Michonne." Glenn grumbled. I looked at him and nodded. "I know." He nodded. "He cares a lot about you, you know?" I nodded once again and he smiled. "Reminds me a lot of Maggie and I." I smiled a bit. "Why didn't you tell him you were in here?" I sighed. "I don't want him to get too worried about me." He nodded. "If it were Maggie, I'd wanna know." I gulped and shrugged. "Lucky Daryl's not you, and I'm not Maggie." He nodded a bit and closed his eyes. "Sing..." He said quietly. "What?" "Sing to me." He said again. I gave him a look, but did it anyways. 

"Momma was a bit naive, and her daddy was a blinded thief.
He went and stole away, what was left of the remains of a family.
 She'd hide away behind a door she kept locked.
But the walls weren't thick enough to block out angry noises from the voices that once soothed her to sleep.
And she lies, tonight, underneath a caving roof,
She cries, tonight, wondering what she can do,
And she tries, tonight, remembering who she once knew,
But they've died, inside,
Another Empty Bottle takes a life." 

  After a moment I heard his soft snores, so I left the cell. "That's a nice song." I heard Hershel's voice say behind me. I shrugged. "I guess. Anyone else?" He shook his head, but raised his eyebrows at me. "Do you feel okay?" "Yeah, why?" He gulped. "You look pale..." I shrugged. "Haven't been in the sun all day probably. I'm gonna go lay down." He nodded and I went to a cell, laying down and sighing.