Goodbye

The next few days were the same, except I started watching in on Carols classes. I was getting ready in my cell so I could go on a run when Rick came by. "Good morning." I smiled. "Good morning, Rick. What's up?" He sighed. "Why have you been going to the kids classes?" He asked. I gritted my teeth a bit. "Teach them a little about art, why?" "You know art?" I laughed. "Yes I do." He nodded a bit. "Well what's the real reason?" I knew Rick could tell when I lied, so I just huffed. "I'm sitting in to make sure everything is being done right." He nodded with a smile. "That's the truth."

After that we discussed what I would need to get, then he smiled. "Kat... You're real special to me, you know?" I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah?" He nodded. "I know me and you didn't have anywhere close to the same past... But I feel like we understand each other a lot more than most anyone else here could, and... You're like a little sister to me. I'll always have your back, okay?" I nodded. "Same here." He smiled wider. "I know." "Is somethin wrong Rick?" His smile faded slightly. "I heard you were gonna leave here soon... I don't want you to go." I rubbed the back of my neck. "I know you want him dead, Kat, but we need you here. I don't wanna risk you dying because you want revenge. I don't wanna have to worry so much about you, and everyone else here agrees too." "It's only a few days, Rick. I promise I'll be back. I swear." He sighed, taking a step forward and hugging me tightly to him. "Okay Kat... But you gotta promise you'll be safe." I nodded, hugging him back. Just then, Daryl walked in and raised his eyebrows. I let go of Rick. "I'll be back around 3 or 4 probably." He more than less nodded, then walked past Daryl and out the door. "What was that about?" I began to get questioned. "Apparently nobody wants me to go with Michonne." Daryl took a step towards me. "You gonna finally listen?" I looked down. "It's only a couple days, Dare." He sighed. "I know, Kat. I know." I leaned over and got on my toes to kiss him. He smiled into the kiss, pulling me closer to him and pressing my body against his. The kiss lasted a good couple minutes, until he rested his forehead against mine. "I love you." He mumbled. "I love you too."

I was about to leave, when Beth once again asked to accompany me. "What's up with you girl?" I asked, tilting my head. "I just wanna go." I nodded. "Why don't you go see if your sister wants to come too?" She nodded and smiled brightly as she took off running. "Ask Rachel too!" I hollered. "Girls day." I figured that's what she wanted. Some quality time. I rushed over to Hershel so I could tell him I was taking the girls with me. "You sure you wanna handle that?" He chuckled. I smiled. "Yeah yeah. I figured they wanted some girl time." He nodded. "You're a good role model for them... Beth especially. She needs someone, with how young she is. Maggie is a good role model, but they butt heads a lot." I nodded. "I know they do. It's a sister thing."

I hopped into the truck, finding three girls already in it. Maggie sat in the passenger side while Beth and Rachel sat in the back. "We're going to probably go to some neighborhoods. Maybe a couple pawn shops or stores if there's any that aren't infested." I told them. "What are we going for?" Maggie asked, raising an eyebrow. "Well, whatever we can use of course, but we really need some more pots and pans for Carol, really just about anything for the kids, and Rick said something about needing shower nozzles and curtains, and a drain pan for the new water heater." She nodded, looking out the window.

Daryls POV

I couldn't get her leaving out of my head. That's the last thing I wanted right now. We just got somewhere safe, we just got a functional home and she wants to go back out on the street. She wants revenge, I understand that. The governor did a lot damage to all of us, but that trail went cold.

"Hello. Daryl, right?" I looked up to Katherine's mother, nodding a bit. "Yeah? You need somethin'?" She sighed. "You're close with Katherine. I wanted to ask... Why did Katherine allow us here, if she doesn't even wanna be apart of our family?" I cleared my throat and sighed. "She loves Rachel. She wanted her here. She didn't wanna have to break her away from you, an she sure as hell wasn't about to lose her again, so... Here you are." I said coldly. "Oh." She responded. "Was that it?" She sighed. "You got into a fight with her brother." Oh here we go. I rolled my eyes. "And?" "I understand he doesn't... He has no filter, he's a hot head, he doesn't know his sister one bit, and I'm not proud that those are his qualities but he really cares about Katherine... He just is over protective, similar to you. His method is just much more... Nonlogical." I nodded a bit. "Well. I've been better to that girl than any of you guys have been, so I don't think I'm the thing she needs protection from. Tell your idiot, non thinking, coward of a son that too." She nodded and huffed something, walking away. "Fuck." I mumbled to myself.