6 | Lady Loki (Sylvie) {Part 2}

Morta's POV

"Now which one of you is Tony Stark?" I ask.
The man with the metal glove puts his hand up again.
"That would be me," he says.
"I was told you may be able to help me monitor abnormal movements of people to help me find the person I'm looking for," I say.
"I can help with that. Is the person you're looking for Loki?" He asks.
"It's not the Loki from your timeline. It's another Loki, a female version actually, that is apparently hanging around this very tower and needs to be caught. That's why I'm here," I tell him.
"Right. Do you just need me to monitor abnormal behaviours of civilians in the area?" He asks.
"Yes please," I reply
"Friday, can you please up the security to level five and apply the ant protocol," he says.
"Sure thing, security level upped and ant protocol activated," a voice from the ceiling says, making me jump.
"It's ok. It's an artificial intelligence installed throughout the tower. Nothing to be scared of," he assures me.

~~~

Over the next few days, I, with the help of Tony Stark, was able to monitor all movement of civilians around the tower. Finally, on the fifth day, we caught some abnormal action.
"Morta! You might want to see this!" Tony yells from across the room. I race over to the computer he's sitting in from of and watch the screen. There's a young female using magic in the alleyway of one of many nearby side streets.
"I think that might be her..." I whisper.
"What do you want me to do?" He asks.
"Can you follow her?" I ask.
"Sure thing," he replies, typing some information into the computer. "When I find a final destination I will tell you. You'll probably be able to go and find her tonight," he says.
I nod at him and smile.

~~~

Later that evening I get ready to go out. Loki stopped near an abandoned warehouse and seemed to be staying there. So now I'm getting ready to go and get her.
I walk out of the tower and into the nearest side street and begin teleporting my way across town. As soon as I get near the warehouse I step out of the alleyway and walk.
This part of town is completely abandoned and eerily silent.
I cautiously round the last corner.
Then I see her.
She's sitting down reading a book, very typical.
"Loki!" I yell out causing her to snap her head up.
She looks me up and down before standing up.
"It's Sylvie," she says.
"But you're still a Loki, correct?" I ask.
She nods.
"What do you want from me?" She ask, disgust in her voice.
"For you to come with me," I tell her.
She scoffs at the suggestion.
"You think you can make me come with you?" She laughs.
I tilt my head to the side, a dangerous expression creeping across my face as a smirk dances across my sharp features.
She begins to lift up into the air.
"What are you doing?" She asks, concern evident in her voice.
"Making you come with me," I say, smiling manically.
I begin using my magic to throw her into a wall. She slides down the side as I pick her up again and slam her into the opposite one. She begins to fight back, using her magic to hurl pieces of metal at me.
She charges at me but I block her and she bounces backwards.
This continues for a while, us using magic and hand to hand combat until she finally passes out.
I pick up her limp body and begin to heal it as I make my way back to the Avengers tower.

~~~

I teleport into Tony's lab and drop Sylvie's body on one of the desks.
"Got her?" Tony asks.
"Yeah, it wasn't too hard," I reply.
"That's good," he says.
"I just wanted to thank you for letting me stay here while I was tracking this Loki down. I don't doubt I'll be back but but for now I do need to leave," I tell him, smiling sadly.
"Okay. You're welcome back anytime," he tells me.
"Thank you. Say bye to the others for me, will you?" I ask.
He nods.
I pick up Sylvie's body again.
Now back to Asgard I go.

Word Count: 727

———

Today's quote is one of my own. I think it would be something that Loki might say.

PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, relatively useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.