15 | Norse Loki {Part 3}

Loki's POV

We rode Svadilfari through the majestic forests of Asgard and to our Ash Tree, the spot where I first met her. A small copper haired girl reading wearing a forest green tunic that reached her knees and black leggings underneath. She had a leather belt and a small hunting dagger at her side. A golden circlet was placed on her head, and she held a tattered book in hands.
'The Assassin's Shrine,' I remembered. The memory made me smile. I jumped back into reality when Sigyn shook me. 
 "What is it darling?"
 "Cliff!" she yelled.I finally looked forward to see us trotting towards a cliff. I pulled on the reigns to stop my panicked horse. My face felt warm as I let out a nervous laugh.
"What is going on through that chaotic brain of yours Odinson?" she asked in exasperation.
"Nothing, just the first time I met you my dear," Sigyn sighed finally showing her beautiful smile. She jumped off Svadilfari and order me of him. I raised my hands in defence and got down. She swung back up on him and told me to sit in the back.
"You want me to sit behind you on my horse?" I asked.
"Yes actually, because I plan on dying today," she said smirking. I let out a sigh and jumped on behind her. "Kjør raskere Svadilfari!" she yelled. Svadilfari stood up on his hind legs and sped off. The sudden bolt of speed surprised me, and I grabbed onto Sigyn for dear life. I could practically hear her smirking at me. 

As we neared our old tree a bad thought struck me again. Sigyn was dead. Not in this dimension. But still. I couldn't lose her now.
"We're here," she said halting my horse.We jumped down and she stroked Svadilfari's nose. He huffed in joy, and we slowly walked up to our tree. It was an ash tree with a thick trunk and strong long branches. There was no sight of my variant. Honestly why am I this chaotic?
"Where would you be?" Sigyn asked.I was about to reply when the wind picked up its pace. Sigyn and I looked around to see if a magical source had caused it to do so but we saw nothing. I opened my mouth to try reply again when a voice spoke from behind us.
"I knew you would arrive sooner or later," a husky voice spoke.I looked Sigyn in the eye and she pointed upward. I looked up to a see a man, almost identical to me. But. He had scars on his lips and bright ginger hair. He was looking at the view of Asgard as the breeze shifted his locks. He finally met my gaze and gave me a smile. His eyes looked difference. The were the same colour of mine but wiser. Like he'd seen monstrosities the world should never have known were real. He then turned Sigyn and looked as if he was about to cry.
"Sigyn, my love," he said jumping down from the tree.Her facial features softened, and she dropped her hand that was clutched onto her sword. She didn't move as he walked up and put a hand on her cheek. Jealously sprang up inside me but soon vanished as he put his hand back down.
"You are her, but not mine," he said, "But she'll be here soon, and so will my sons,"He started to walk away but I stopped him."Wait! I know the pain you're in, but you can't resurrect them," I said softly.He turned to face us once more but this time his eyes shone a new emotion. Determination."I can and will. I would pray that one day you truly understand but..." he trailed off looking down. "No one on any universe should go through what happened to me,"A single tear fell down his cheek as he looked back up at us.I heard a voice in my mind. His voice.

'My only advice to you, younger me,' he looked at Sigyn and continued, 'Never let her go,' He then turned and walked away. Sigyn tried to go and stop him but I held her.
 "Loki what ae you doing? That spell is dangerous!" she said.
 I looked her in the eye and softly spoke, "Let him do it."
"Wh-?"
"Sigyn listen to me please," I cut her off, "He's gone through things no one should have. I trust that he knows what he's doing," 

"So what do we do?"
"We wait." 

And that's what we did.  

Word Count: 760

Another wonderful chapter by the amazing Sigyn.

Go share the love and support here: