18 | TVA Loki (Endgame Loki) {Part 1}

Morta's POV

It's funny what you hear about other timelines when you talk to variants or if you're able to get in touch with the TVA. You suddenly realise just how many different variants there are and begin to wonder, 'how many got into our timeline?' Unfortunately, I'm not sure yet and neither is the TVA. I've been in touch with them recently and every time I check, they're still counting and tracking down what Loki's have gotten into our timeline. They tried to help but tracking down a Loki is a dangerous job that can't be done by people like them. They tried once and it took a Loki to help them track down another. While I suppose that they have tracked them down before, tracking down this many is different. Or they're just lazy and want to leave it to Sigyn, Persephone and I. Either way, it's us doing the job. 

There was one Loki they had particular worry about, the one they were working with. In the rush of Loki's finding their way into our universe, the variant they were holding hostage snuck through with them. This Loki is particularly dangerous because he knows so much about how the timeline works. The TVA provided me with a list of places that he might have gone. So, I'll check those first.

The first place that was on the list is Stuttgart, Germany. It was the place where one of Loki's variants hid right before the battle of New York, in 2012. It seems like an obvious place to go but Loki's seem to like hiding in plain sight. 

I appear in a silent side street in the city. There aren't a lot of places that someone would go to hide from people here, meaning it will most likely be a dead end. Still, it won't hurt to check. I being my walk around the city, checking every alleyway and looking in the windows of every shop and checking the shadows behind the windows of apartments. I go to the place where Loki was the time he was in Germany. I buy some food and sit around there for a long while, but alas, nothing happens. In a final attempt to find him here I book a hotel room for the night near the middle of the city, so I'm able to observe everything that's going on. 

Upon waking up the next morning I know he's not here. Even if he was, he would have figured out by now that I'm here and wouldn't have stuck around long enough to confirm whether I was or not. I pick up the list again. New York. Nothing like hiding in plain sight.

I decide for once to act human, just in case Loki thinks I wouldn't. It would be like him to catch a plane to another place if he had been in Stuttgart. A plane would be the last place you'd expect him to be. Up high in the sky, using transport that he doesn't need. Very him. 

Airport security is just as bad as the humans say. There's so much protocol for no reason. Well I suppose there is reason, but still. The plane isn't much better. I see why the humans don't like it. Eventually though, I reach New York. 

Word count: 549

AAAHHHH SORRY FOR DISSAPEARING! Hope no one missed me. End of year assessments went KABOOM and I was bombarded with work and had no time to write. I'm back though! I'm almost done school for the year, two more week (one more of work). BUT, on the bright side, including the next two weeks, I'm going to be free for the next nine or so weeks before I start my next year of school, so more frequent chapters (maybe even some bonus ones). Still, I'm back. I owe you all two extra chapters so they'll probably be coming out right after this one. Byyyeee!!