Sixty-Two

Christmas

𖣔𖣔Chris𖣔𖣔

so i'm doing it today. i'm nervous as fuck but i'm doing it. she just had out baby not too long ago and she's been nothing but a good woman to me."boy if you don't calm down" ty told me "she not gon say no right?" i asked "what would she do that for?" "i don't know ty" "exactly, so calm down. it's cute what you doin. you asked her out on christmas, now you proposing to her"

"yea i guess" "now i promise you will be fine. now get off my phone and get dressed so y'all can host this thing" "ok" "bye christian" "bye tyler" we got off the phone and i took a deep breath and walk out the bathroom. "you ok?" tina asked me as she was getting adonis dressed "yea i'm fine" and i smiled at her

"you sure you ok baby?" "yes i'm fine" i answered as i went up behind her and kissed her neck. "no. we just had him" i laughed "my little man looks so handsome, like me" i said getting from behind her and messing with his tummy.

 we just had him" i laughed "my little man looks so handsome, like me" i said getting from behind her and messing with his tummy

"he's cuter" "athena please." she gon laugh. then lily came in our room "ok mommy i'm ready can i hold him now" when i tell you this girl loves her brother, i mean loves. "yea come sit on the bed" she got on the bed and sat in the middle against the headboard. tina picked him up and placed him in lily's lap, making sure she was supporting his head.

"no can i hold him a different way?" she asked "what do you mean?" we both asked back as tina took him off her lap. lily put her legs up while her feet were still flat on the bed, tina put him back on her make sure his head was in the crack of her legs and lily was supporting his side so he wouldn't fall.

"hi donny" and she moved her pinky to tickle him some. "ok we have to get dressed" i told tina, we grabbed our clothes and went in the bathroom. "the trust we put in that 8 year old with a one month old is crazy" she commented "i know" we talked some more as we got dressed and brushed our teeth. when we came out they were both laying down "now how-" he was in his pillow and she was laying her head on it.

"lily how did y'all end up laying down?" i asked "he was giving me looks that he wanted to lay down so i got his pillow and we laid down" we both laughed "well people should be getting her shortly so let's go" tina said and i grabbed don. "we gotta take pictures of him" lily said as we were walking downstairs. once we got to the front room lily got her ipad "ok lay him down"

me and tina looked at each other and then laughed as she sat him on the couch. lily started taking pictures of him and then when she was done she made it her wallpaper. then the doorbell rang, i went to go answer it. "where's my grandbaby" we went to the front "awwww" she said in a whisper yell. but before she went to get him she hugged lily then went to wash her hands.

"ha ass ain't even speak to me" she said between us and i laughed "hey yaz" i said "hey chris" she went over to the couch and sat by lily. ruth came back and picked him up she walked over to tina and kissed her cheek "i was gon speak to you lil girl" "umhm" tina left to the kitchen to go check on the last of the food.

we weren't really having a big gathering. just close family and friends because of the baby and we didn't want to expose him to that much because you never know. so everybody got here at about 7. "you look good to be just havin a baby" ben told her while we were sitting in the front "ben hit on her again and ima hurt you" i warned him "y'all betta quit. i was given permission to get y'all in order na" ruth told us "yes ma'am" we responded and everyone laughed

"damn she gettin y'all like that?" "tyler i'a get you too" "naw i'm ok" "ok can we eat now?" gina asked "you always wanna eat" ty said "and what about it" "come on" tina said and we all went in the kitchen. ruth prayed and we made our plates. "chris can you make my plate while i feed him please" "yea" i made her plate and brought it into the front room. tina came back in the front with a cover over her and adonis.

"now you know you coulda let that boy eat before you" yaz told her "uhhhh no. i'm hungry" and she started eating. while we all ate we talked, she finished up feeding him and went to fix herself. "ok when you gon do it" tyson asked me "right" gina added "when y'all leave" "you bet not" ben said "i'll do it later" "when!?" they all asked "hush she comin back."

"what y'all in here talkin about" "nothin" we all said "talkin about sum" i feel all them looking at me "lemme see my grandbaby" she grabbed him and looked at me "baby" "hum" i got up and went over to her and grabbed her hand "i love you" "i love you too" "and you've been the best thing that's come in my life. with all that we went through in the beginning of our relationship and you staying with me. you came in my life and connected with the most important person to me before you and now adonis"

"and i've probably wanted to do this early on. anybody could say that it was because i just got out of a marriage and was trying to find someone to fill that but i was gone from that long before, so when you came to me i was ready to do what i needed to, to be with you. and i promise to be the best to you as you are to me and our kids. so athena will you become mrs.carter" she was crying but nodded her head, i slipped the ring on her finger and got up to hug her.

"i love you so much" she told me in my ear "i love you too" i pulled back and wiped her face "you proposed to me on christmas like when you were going to ask me out" "yea" and we shared a smile. "finally. i was tired of telling people mommy and daddy are together but they're not married" we laughed we and sat down. she kept looking at the ring and smiling "athena you bet not start crying again" "ty leave me alone" and she wiped her face. "i need one of my emotional support babies" lily got up and came over to hug her "thank you baby" she told her "did you know daddy was gon do this?" "yeeesss, i helped pick the ring out" "smilin wit yo missin teeth" she teased and kissed her forehead.

"awww lemme take a picture" "ma." "don't ma me" she gave adonis to me and lily turned around. we took pictures with just us then me and tina took pictures then we struggled to set the camera up so we could all take one but we got em. everybody left pretty late but that was expected so lily and donny were sleep. "i love you chris, like really" "i love you too" "i was really considering proposing to you, because you was takin too long" "bye. you knew i was gonna do it" "i know"

"you excited?" "very, ion know if it's more for the wedding or the honeymoon" "you want another one so bad" "i got two left in me just for you" "reallyyyy? ms. i'm done after donny" "yea i know but two more wouldn't hurt but i'd want them to be close in age" "ummm we can start now" "no, ion wanna be pregnant in my dress" "so when do you want to" "march? we don't need a big wedding. unless you want one" "nope, small is fine with me" "ok"

"so march and that gives a four month gap" "oh you want close close in age" "i meannnn" "i thought you meant at least a year" "we can do a year, i just don't want them like me and my siblings" "lily would be the exception" "yea but she was meant to be and older sister" "she really was" we shared a laugh "but all i know is for the reception and out honeymoon, i'm gonna dance for you" i smiled at her

𖣔𖣔The End𖣔𖣔

Thank you guys so much for the support on this book and i hope you enjoyed it as much as i enjoyed writing it