Stubborn 💢

Orochimaru's Hideout

My eyes fluttered open, off in the distant there were echoes of dripping water. When I finally realized where I was, I quickly lifted myself from the bed  running to the only door in the small room. Outside the small peephole, I saw dimly lit candles running down a long hallway. There were more people in the small rooms nearby. My breathing started to stagger as panic set in, reality finally creeping up. I let small whimpers out as my eyes started to tear up and slowly stream down my face. The walls seemed to close in on me as I fought against the emotions inside. Aunt Aina... I am so sorry. This is all my fault!

I looked around for a way out but saw nothing but the door. There were no windows, no lights, nothing. I ran to the door and started slamming against it, rage consuming my body and every movement. My whole-body weight was now weighing in to the cell door. "SASUKE! STOP HIDING, YOU COWARD!" I kept ramming my body at the door for hours, till my voice was gone and my body was bruised.

The other cellmates were shouting at me, "Stop! It's no use. Once you're here, you never get out alive." My body finally collapsed. My body sank to the floor in a crouched fetal position. My knees to my face crying and feeling useless. I heard footsteps in the distance coming my way. It got louder and louder until it stopped dead in front of my door.

I then heard Kabuto's voice, "What was that about me being next?" I shot back up seeing his mocking face and reached my arm the small hole attempting to wring his neck, but I knocked his glasses off his face instead. "You won't be getting out anytime soon."

"Where is Sasuke?" I growled with another bang at the door.

"I'm afraid he is out training with Orochimaru..." He looks back and grins, "If you had trained a bit more, you wouldn't be in this situation." I yelled at the top of my lungs, my voice echoing in the hallways. He shrugged at my tantrum, placing some food in the hole for me to eat. "We can't afford to lose you just yet. You're far too valuable to perish here." *smirks* "Eat."

I looked down at the food and throw it out with force. "I will not eat; I would rather die than be Orochimaru's next puppet." Kabuto wiped his face and glared at me.

"Too bad he doesn't want you; you are a simply backup to Sasuke. I am ordered not to experiment on you, but if it were up to me... I would." I smacked the bars heading back to my cot.  I sat there looking around, No sun... no moon, no stars... They want to drain my power.  I looked at my nails and started to scratch at the stone wall till my nails started bleeding.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Fast Forward- Three Days

I don't know how much time has passed... Two days? A week? Time seems slower in here. I had made a makeshift window with stars and a moon. Kabuto kept placing food in my cell, but my eyes were fixated on the makeshift window. I hadn't slept, eaten, or drank water, and I was slowly losing my mind. I would often look to my right and see a small mirror on my wall. My eyes were sunken, and I held a dark apathetic face. I walked up to the mirror and touched it, my hope running out. I slammed my fist at the mirror, blood dripping down my knuckles into my hand. I took a piece and headed back to the bed. I heard Kabuto's distinct footsteps from afar coming to bring me food. I was hungry but refused to give in. When the food was placed under the door, I clenched the shattered piece of glass allowing it to break skin. The blood dripping on the bed.

Third-Day Kabuto POV

"Lord Orochimaru, I have tried to give her food and water. She has refused for three days; I am afraidat this rate, she will starve, dehydrate and die."