Medicine 🌿

Next Day

I awoke to a sensation of warmth on my face, initially mistaking it for a gentle breeze. As I slowly fluttered my eyes open, the realization hit me—it wasn't a breeze; it was Sasuke. We were dangerously close, just inches apart. His rhythmic breaths created a comforting warmth that enveloped me.

A deep breath caught in my throat as my stomach twisted with an unexpected mix of nerves and confusion. How did we end up this close? I contemplated getting up slowly to avoid any awkwardness, but an unspoken weight held me in place. Glancing down, I discovered Sasuke's arm draped over my waist, anchoring me in a surreal closeness. Panic set in—Why? Why do I have to be in this situation?

Attempting to remove myself from the situation, I shifted slightly, only to find him pulling me in even closer. Now, our faces were barely half an inch apart, and the tension in the air was suffocating. My breath caught, and I held it in, desperately trying not to disturb the delicate balance of the moment.

As I attempted to free myself once more, he tightened his grip, and I could feel the weight of his presence intensify. Panic surged within me, and I needed to breathe. This is going to wake him up. Slowly exhaling, I made a subtle movement to pull away, fully aware that it might awaken him. Just as the thought crossed my mind, I looked up to find Sasuke already staring down at me, his dark eyes locking onto mine. The silent exchange left me breathless, caught in a moment that seemed to defy all logic.

"Ehehe. :;(∩'﹏'∩);: This... You see, I woke up...and your arm... and you pulled me closer and then I couldn't get out-- and here we are... Can you just..." I was bright red as he finally moved his body away from me standing up without a single hint of emotion. Whew! Thank goodness he didn't make this weird. That was nerve-wracking. I sighed and looked at him before beginning to pack my things and seal it in a scroll. "Which way do we go?" He looked around still giving me no answer and walked off in the direction we needed to go.

As we were walking, I felt chakra signatures all around us and I started to stiffen up. I can't use much of my chakra, I have to resort to fighting with my katana and bare minimum on my chakra. I kept walking with Sasuke staying on high alert making sure the people who were near were not behind us. I looked back and then look forward and Sasuke was gone. "Where did he--?"

"Well, well? What do we have ourselves here?" I heard a man's voice come from behind me. He had brown shoulder length hair and there were two other standing beside him. "It seems we have a cute little snow bunny lost in our forest. What are you doing out here?" He started coming forward toward me, kunai in hand. I pulled out my katanas and held them at my sides, "Oh! Are you gonna put up a fight?" He said in a mocking baby tone.

"Step back..." I said with a lowered voice. I was trying to sound intimidating, but they started to laugh.

"Or what? Ya gonna hurt us?" He threw his kunai, and I ran out of its path. I looked back and the guy was gone leaving the other two in front of me. I felt someone touch my hair and then there was a tug, I swung myself back and nudged him away as he sliced a small fragment of my hair off and took a whiff of it. "Ahhhhh, you smell delicious! You're mine." He was now glaring while holding a devilish smirk on his face.

I heard the other two running behind me, I jumped in the air and leveraged the shoulder of one, pulling the other in a chokehold with my legs. As he struggled, I was being slashed by the other guy he was with. I felt my hair tug again, but this time I got low kicking the hair sniffing guy upward sending him to a nearby tree.

The other two were still on my tail, I twirled around and punched one in the face and stomach hard causing him to knock out. I held him up as a shield from the other guy, So HEAVY! I kept my weight on my heels digging into the ground to hold him up, Where the hell did Sasuke go?!