Escape 🐍

Time Skip**

After a few weeks, we were back at our secret hideout. Sasuke and I acted like nothing happened between us, just passing each other in the halls without a word. I tried to say "Hi" or "Good morning," but he ignored me every time. I still needed that scroll. Today, I decided it was time to ask Sasuke for it back. I walked up to his room, knocked on the door, and peeked inside. It was pretty dark, and there he was, sitting on his bed. That's a bit too melodramatic. I thought to myself with a face of gloom. I was not deterred by it though. I stepped into the room slowly and called out for him.

"Sasuke?" I muttered, barely making a sound, hoping to grab his attention. No response. "Saassuke?" I tried again, this time a bit louder. I tiptoed into the room, holding the door ajar, and let out a sigh. He's either masterfully ignoring me or had dozed off in the weirdest position. I mean, who sleeps sitting so upright? That's not a thing, right?

I sigh heavily when I finally heard him speak up, "What do you want?" My eyebrows twitched at the fact he was acting rudely again.

"The scroll, obviously. I gotta keep up with my training, you know?" I said sarcastically but with clear purpose.

He looked at me before taking the scroll from under his shirt and holding it out. Does he just hide things in there all the time? I walked up confidently and took the scroll from him.

"Thanks." I said before turning around. "Oh, and by the way, no need for the whole 'cool' or 'uninterested' act. A simple hello once in a while wouldn't hurt, you know."I shut the door before he could shoot back a response. Heading across the hall to my room, I plopped down on the bed, activating my Kekkei Genkai. The scroll unfolded, revealing more Star Style Jutsu that I was eager to master. As I examined it, I noticed a tear at the bottom.

"Huh?" I mumbled to myself. "Was this always here?" Curiosity piqued, I sprang up from my bed and marched back to Sasuke's room.

"Did you rip the scroll?!" I angrily whispered.

"No. Why would I do that?" Sasuke shot back, glaring up at me. "It's always been that way. Didn't you notice?"

I was fuming, "No! If you remember like I do, you took the scroll and sent me into a genjutsu that day," I retorted, setting the record straight. He closed his eyes once more in his already dark room.

"Ughh. You're so annoying sometimes!" I huffed, marching back out and slamming his door with a little more aggravation for good measure. I decided to keep the scroll hidden in another scroll for good measure. I went back to my room and unfolded the scroll I usually take with me for packing and puffed it away inside a seal.

What does Orochimaru have for me today? I cant stand staying in here all day. I walked along the dimly lit hallways to the door where he and Kabuto usually reside. I concealed my chakra, because I dont like when they know I am around. I walked up to the door and before I was supposed to knock, I heard them talking.

My eyes widened at their conversation. It was about Sasuke and this was the day they decided to go through with the reanimation. I heard coughing and Kabuto held worry in his voice. I stayed for a little longer to see if I could hear anything else.

"Don't worry, that body will be mine shortly." He said with a continued cough.

"If I dont give you the medication in the next 10 minutes, you will reach your limit." Kabuto said. "It will back shortly."

"That was the last thing I heard before footsteps came my way. I sprinted off, ducking behind the nearest corner. Taking a few deep breaths, I caught Kabuto mumbling something under his breath. He started walking my direction. Act casual. ACT CASUAL!

I emerged from around the corner, sauntering as if I were headed in the direction of Orochimaru's room. "Kabuto," I said with my usual low-eyed glare.

"Hikari, I didn't sense you nearby." He said a little skeptical.

"Well, one must always stay hidden. Isn't that a good tactic?" I said with a hint of humor, trying to lighten the mood. "Where are you headed off to?" I asked as he held a platter in his hands.

"To prepare a medicine for Lord Orochimaru." He said walking passed me. "Also, I wouldn't go near his room if you know what's best for you." He stated with a smirk on his face.

"What... Is he angry today?" We both heard a laugh coming from that room.

"No... But he isn't feeling well." He said before rushing off.

I sheepishly grinned, "Okay. I'll just... stay away." I walked off to my room, trying not to make things too noticeable. Once I reached a safe point, I darted off to warn Sasuke. Ignoring any niceties, I barged into his room only to find it empty. "Ahhhh! Where did he go off to now!" I slapped my face in frustration. As I stood there pondering, a bird-like chirp reached my ears from the direction of the training room. Without hesitation, I dashed towards the sound. Opening the door and letting it close behind me, time seemed to stand still for a moment as I witnessed a burst of lightning streaking through the air. I was quite literally shocked and let out an agonizing scream.

Sasuke stopped what he was doing and swiftly approached me. Panting hard, I found myself on the floor, holding myself in pain.

"As much as that was amazing, that hurt so bad!" I exclaimed, trying to play it cool. "But that's not why I'm here." Wincing in pain, "I overheard Kabuto and Orochimaru talking about doing that... thing today!"I kept my eyes closed in pain, "Go!" I declared, "I'll be okay."

He stood up, "Meet me back in your room." I nodded before he was completely gone. I took a few breaths before standing up using the wall for support. I don't think I ever want to be caught in that. I now had my stabled myself in the room making my way to my room. I didn't hear a thing aside from some small bumps and crashes. I kept holding on until the pain felt like it was gone.

The pain is subsiding? That was really fast. I looked down at the receding marks on my body. "Well, would you look at that. I heal pretty fast!" I remarked, a touch of surprise and relief in my voice as I took note of my quick recovery.

I waited for what felt like hours until I heard short striding footsteps coming my way. I held myself upright ready to fight if need be. Who is it? I asked to myself. I saw the silhouette of Sasuke at my door frame. Is this really him. I clenched my hands and stood firm waiting for a response.

"Did you..." I stammered, "Are you?" He walked in so I was able to see his face.
"Yes, Hikari... Before we leave, I need something from here."

I kept my arms up, still in a defensive stance. I wasn't about to let my guard down. "How do I know it's you?" He stood there in silence before slowly making his way closer to me. I was ready to throw a fist or two when he leaned down to my level and locked eyes with me. They looked like his, but it could still be a trick—

My thoughts came to a screeching halt as I felt his soft lips on mine for a second, and then he retreated. He walked out of the room without saying a single word, leaving me standing there in shock before I realized I was alone in my room. I ran out and saw him still walking down the hallway, but in the opposite direction of the exit.

"S-sasuke. Where are you--?"

""As I mentioned before, I need something from here before we leave," Sasuke stated in his usual composed manner."