Chapter 1: The Hellfire Shirt

Whitney Daniels sat in her dressing room backstage before her concert in Atlanta, scrolling her phone as she waited for her call time. She was excited to be back on tour again and headlining her own show.

"Whit, are you ready?" she heard her assistant ask, walking into the room.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she replied. She checked herself out in the mirror one last time. She had switched up her outfit for Atlanta because she knew Stranger Things was filmed here so she was wearing a Hellfire shirt, studded black shorts and black glitter boots. She followed her group to the stage and noticed a group of people standing off to the side. She didn't have enough time to make out their faces, before she grabbed her earpiece and microphone to make her entrance.

"What kind of music does she sing?" Gaten asked Sadie. Some of the cast of Stranger Things were attending Whitney's concert tonight thanks to Sadie and her connections. Some of her co-stars hadn't wanted to come, but Maya, Gaten, Joe Keery, Natalia and Charlie and of course Joseph Quinn.

"She sings country and pop. Kind of like Taylor Swift," Sadie answered.

"You would know," Joe Keery replied.

"Was she wearing a Hellfire Club shirt?" Natalia asked.

"Looked like," Joseph answered. He looked at the brunette with wavy hair, jump around the stage and get the crowd hyped.

"You ok there buddy?" Joe asked, as he watched Joseph look at Whitney. "I think the country girl has gotten the rocker's heart. Joseph pushed on him as they all continued to watch her perform.

"Thank you!" Whitney started. "The next one is one everyone in the audience will know. Even if you don't like country music and got dragged here by your friend." The music began to start up and the first few notes of Man! I Feel Like a Woman began to play. The crowd went crazy as Whitney began strutting across the stage, the fans roaring as she got close to a camera and pulled on her shirt.

"Holy shit she's good," Natalia said as the song ended and the lights went out. A bunch of people came up beside the group as Whitney made her way off stage, taking out her earpiece and handing off her microphone. Before she was rushed off for her wardrobe change, she and Joseph made eye contact.

"Hey Stacey, who were those people backstage? They look familiar." Whitney asked as her assistants helped get her into her next outfit.

"Some of the cast of Stranger Things. Sadie brought them because Taylor told her to check you out. They didn't get here in time to meet you before the show, but I was going to see if they wanted to after."

Whitney walked back out of her dressing room as she passed the group again as they handed her a guitar as she walked back out on stage. "Thank you for the wonderful night Atlanta! Want to hear a brand new song? It's going to be my next single." The crowd cheered as she started strumming the chords.

And I said, while you're at it. Pull off and turn the radio down low. While you're at it.

She finished her song and her encore as she walked off-stage and was escorted to her dressing room. "Whitney, can we come in?" Stacey asked.

"Yep," she replied as Stacey walked in with the group of people who had been standing backstage all night, some of the cast of Stranger Things. "Hi Sadie! Taylor said you might stop by if you had time."

"I did and I brought some of my friends." Each member of the cast introduced themselves one by one until it fell on Joseph Quinn.

"I'm Joseph," he said, reaching out his hand. Whitney smiled.

"Whitney" she answered, their eyes locked on each other.

"Nice shirt in the show," Gaten said as Whitney and Joseph still shook hands.

"Thanks. I love the show so much and of course love all your characters." They visited with Whitney for a few more minutes before she knew she needed to get back to her bus.

"If you have a free day, come down to set," Sadie said.

"Surprisingly, I'm good tomorrow. I have a music video shoot we're working on, but still trying to figure out some final details."

"Cool. We'll be at this address tomorrow."

"Thank you for coming. It was nice to meet everyone." As everyone started filing out of the room, Joseph turned back once more.

"You did amazing tonight. It was nice meeting you." Whitney kept her cool until the door shut and she sat down.

"Girl, are you ok?" Stacey asked.

"I think so."

"Oh no, I know that face. You think he's hot."

"Do not."

"The Hellfire shirt?"

"Ok fine," Whitney replied. "I'm guessing you're going to the set tomorrow?"

"You're damn right I am. Maybe at the end of the day, you can convince Eddie Munson to be the love interest in your music video."

"Why do I work with you again?"

"Because I've been your best friend since First Grade and because you know when I'm right," Stacey said.

"Whatever, I want to go to bed."