Chapter 16: Two Hearts

Whitney sat on the plane as she looked out the window on the way to Atlanta to see Joseph. The week she had had was a long one, but she was grateful for the few days to relax and see her boyfriend. Ever since she had premiered the music video, she had gotten so many messages and comments from fans about whether she and Joseph were dating or the fact he was even in her music video. She played coy with everyone until they were ready to take it public or if they might get that far. You wouldn't be going to Atlanta if you weren't.

She turned her music up and fell asleep.

Joseph pulled up to the airport and to the pick up area. He hadn't told Whitney he was going to be there, but he also had to play it cool so he wasn't hounded by fans. He looked down at his phone and typed her flight information into his phone and saw she had landed. He watched as people started filing out of the doors and finally saw her with a baseball hat. He watched as she pulled out her phone and he sent her a text.

Joseph: To your left 😘

Whitney looked up and over that direction as she saw him standing there. A big smile crossed her face as she walked over to him.

"Hey princess," he said.

"Hi handsome," she replied as he took her in his arms for a long hug.

"Let's get going before the paparazzi find us," he replied. Whitney nodded as she put her bags in his car and they drove away.

"I missed you," Whitney said as Joseph started driving toward his apartment. He reached over and interlaced their hands as he kissed hers.

"I missed you too sweetheart."

Joseph pulled up to his apartment a little while later as he helped Whitney with her bag up to his floor. He opened the door as she walked in.

"Wow, this is gorgeous," she said.

"Thanks. I didn't think I'd get put up somewhere this nice since I wasn't one of the main actors, but hey, I'll take it. I'll let you get settled and we can do whatever you want."

"What if I actually just wanted to stay in and cuddle with you?" Whitney asked, a grin on her face. A smile spread across his face as he closed the space between them and took her in his arms.

"Then I'd tell you, I'm ok with whatever you want to do as long as I can spend time with you."

Later that night after take out and getting settled, Whitney and Joseph laid on the couch watching a movie. Joseph looked down at the girl in his arms and knew he needed to tell her how he really felt.

"I love you, you know," he said, gently. Whitney looked up at him.

"You do?" He nodded his head, but felt a sudden panic set in. "I love you too," she answered. She kissed him before settling back in his arms.

Joseph knew saying those words were hard to say and they hadn't been together that long, but there was something about her that he knew the moment they met. The real test would be when he had to go back home to England.